Re: Offical Stance on Firearms ingame.

Lizardfood wrote:No guns I get that but if Abel (don' remember scp code my bad) gets added there should be a way for the player to kill the humanoid part because even if you do kill him he'll just come back later.
I don't think that will kill him nor would it be worth to ruin the game in that case

The encounter would just be like this anyways:
Step one, use cat urine and a pistol loaded with silver bullets. Backup plans two, three, four, And five are listed as, and I quote, 'Wing It,' 'Make Something Up,' 'Cross That Bridge When I Come To It,' and 'Put My Head Between My Knees And Kiss My Ass Goodbye.'

SCP 513 wrote: Only survival ingame....
Um... survival includes self-defence. xD
We should go Amnesia style, the best weapon you can use is a box, even if you have a hand-held screw thing that can go through bone.

mrpeanut188 wrote: Um... survival includes self-defence. xD
We should go Amnesia style, the best weapon you can use is a box, even if you have a hand-held screw thing that can go through bone.
Maybe that helps....

Drink your prunejuice

mrpeanut188 wrote:
SCP 513 wrote: Drink your prunejuice
Wait a minute.... If a prune is a dried-grape, how is there such a thing as prune juice?
I researched, Radical Ghost is an expert scientist....

As much as I don't think guns would DESTROY the atmosphere, I do agree with Regalis' stance on--Oh hi, new member here. Nice to meet you all--guns in the game. The game is better served keeping you unarmed. I think most players agree with that, but are having a hard time buying the idea that your character would simply not pick up a fully loaded SMG or keep an eye out for an armory or something like that. I think most people are looking for an in-universe explanation, and people are having an issue coming to a consensus on how to implement that in a non-clunky way with ideas such as "Well why don't we have guns but no bullets". At least, I think most people of the "pro-gun" camp kind of fall into that camp because there is no good reason for guns not to be in the game (after all, this isn't Slender where you're just some random person in the woods; you're in a heavily armed government research facility).

People have suggested the idea of having it be that the guns are DNA tagged so that only Foundation personnel can use them, an idea I support. But again, it's all about implementing a non-clunky, non-forced method of getting that through to the player in a way that makes sense. So I have an idea. How about this: During the intro, as you're coming out of the cell or arriving at SCP-173's chamber or whatever, the guard says something to the degree of, "You eyin' my piece? Don't even think about it, buddy. These things are DNA-tagged; they won't fire unless you're a member of the Foundation. Last I checked, D-class weren't on payroll." Of course, the dialogue could be changed to something a bit less lame, but you get the gist. The guard in the beginning pretty much would tell you that you can't use guns and why. Surefire way to end the gun debate.

Now if only the real life gun debate were so easy.......