Re: SCP-106 DISCUSSION

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Alright, but couldn't you still transport the player to the PD without trouble, or is that impossible?
Aside from its generation and the fact that it's a series of moving parts, the PD acts like every other map. Why wouldn't you be able to teleport to it, that's how 106 works now.
M-x dingus-mode

As well as seeing an event that could play when SCP 106 catches and abducts you, I'd also like to see a build up towards his encounter. He is potentially more frightening and disturbing than 173, and that needs to be illustrated. I can name a few ideas that would look great here:

- SCP 106 could be seen playing puppet with a half-dead scientist to lure you closer, before he violently twists his neck, throws the body and vanishes.
- A Class D being quickly dragged behind a closing door as you approach. You could hear gut-wrenching screams and cries before the door opens revealing nothing but
black corrosion.
- 106 randomly being seen partially emerging through a wall or door and disappearing when you look at him.
- SCP 106 could be seen hanging from the ceiling clutching a Guard by his throat and suspending him in the air. He would release him as you begin to approach to escape.
- A research personnel being pressed up against a window from behind with corrosion covering the window before the man is dragged underground screaming.

Not all of these should be added, but those are my suggestions for what could be done to build up to the encounter with SCP 106.
Last edited by Prune on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

whathopercy wrote:I still can't get over that avatar.

ON TOPIC:

By playing puppet, is he like twisting the body around like a zombie, or is wearing the corpse and doing the movements?

Other than that, it all sounds horrific.
By playing puppet, he would be holding the person hold by his hair and moving him about so he looks fully alive. The man would be calling for help in a weak voice. He'd execute the man as you approach and laugh to taunt you.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

I maybe overthinking this but I think 106 needs some more actual sound-files. Him chuckling is nice and all, but I'm somehow missing the edge I get from 049 or even 096.
The music that plays is great, really... but seeing as 106 is a sadistic prick I'd love to hear some more from him. Different kinds of dark laughs? Maybe a strange slobbery/hissing noise when he is walking towards you?
(The floor beneath his feet is dissolving , I think that would make a horrific and interesting noise! And that slowly creeping towards you. I think I might crap my pants)

I love the breathing of his, but as I just stated... it's missing something. At least that's what I had been thinking.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

I actually did edit 106's sound files for a mod that I did (unreleased), and the main objective of mine was to make 106 much more noisy and loud. I basically edited every file that he made to be about 30 seconds longer with moaning and gurgling at random intervals, so if he made one sound, it wouldn't just be for a couple of seconds.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:I actually did edit 106's sound files for a mod that I did (unreleased), and the main objective of mine was to make 106 much more noisy and loud. I basically edited every file that he made to be about 30 seconds longer with moaning and gurgling at random intervals, so if he made one sound, it wouldn't just be for a couple of seconds.
A mod, eh? Do you intend to make SCP-106 more than he is right now, or are just sticking to editing only his sound files?

106 animations seems to lack the place holder's terror before. Would it be easy to implement 106 climbing out of his pd as his spawning sequence from the floor and better from all walls besides that one particular hallway. He also needs a better attack animation that you can dodge. And he also needs a better walk animation because he looks like he is doing a model walk in Murica's top model. If 106 is slower irl then he would be faster in the pd. Jebus Christ I am full of requests.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"Checklist completed, S.O.B."