Re: SCP-096 DISCUSSION

I vote to change the sound effect of SCP-096 slamming the doors open. It doesn't really sound like the doors are being pried open, and more like they're just rusty and loud. Also, I don't know if it already does this, but opening a regular door should stall SCP-096 by around 1 second, and opening a blast door should stall him by around 3 seconds.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

On many occasions I've given my ideas for SCP 096 but since Regalis is doing somethng different with him now, I will reserve any more opinions and ideas until I see what he actually has done. I just really hope he put in another way to aggro him like seeing his face through the monitors. :096:

i decided to bump this because of the new 096 scene.

there needs to be more blood everywhere after that new 096 scene.

and in case you haven't found it:
Spoiler
a guard sees 096's face and is messily devoured/torn apart/whatever 096 does, covering the window that you see the event through in blood.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

The latest update to 096 is obviously unfinished, but I can see the potential it has. Clearly he needs to use Night's newer animations as they look more in character. Also, he seems to be in a panic state before the guard actually looks at him. I think the whole thing would look better if 096 is found leaning against the wall facing away from the player, and then takes a brief look at the guard which triggers his rage state. Furthermore, the guard itself could use some animations such as backing against the wall in fear and desperately booking it for the door to escape. On a final note, SCP 096 is now very slow. I'm not sure why that is, but obviously it'll change in future. I've stated it before, but I think he should be slightly faster than the player because it's absurd to think you'd be able to outrun him after reading the article, and you're supposed to forfeit for seeing his face, therefore making it possible to outrun him a bad idea.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Now this applies to all SCP's since they are sentient. What if the SCPs could interact if they meet each other? SCP-049 obviously has eyes that function, so what if SCP-049 saw SCP-096's face? Would SCP-049 have to cancel the "operation", and attempt to get away from SCP-096?

Also, as far as I know, SCP-096 doesn't blink. This means that SCP-173 won't be able to move if it is in the way of SCP-096. AND if it's in the way, SCP-096 couldn't move, which means that "Shy Guy" will have to push SCP-173 out of the way, giving you some time to escape.

There could be more, but I'm not quite sure.

I love the new scene for 096 but I am nervous that he is only a threat in that one encounter of the game alone. It seems that once the player solves the generator puzzle, 096 is pushed on the back burner and no longer a threat. I think it would be more interesting to have that scene play out as is. Then after the player frees himself by getting the door functional again, 096 would (at some point) wander out of the generator room and began slowly walking the floor of that level.

I dont know if I should be bumping the thread for this but I cant help but think 096's new model is a little highpoly.
I mean blitz3D isnt exactly the new unreal of all graphical engines and to have a facecount of 22822 seems a little unnecessary...
Surley it could be lowered a little bit?