EASTER EGG DISCUSSION

While not an ingame entity there has been discussion on adding in "Easter eggs" that reference certain individuals (Contributors, Regalis, Admin/Mods).

This thread will serve as the central point to discuss any Easter egg discussion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several of the current suggestions.
- Put people's names on individual MTF soldiers.
- Add as secret Gas Mask labeled "Steelpoint".
- Add a SCP-914 test result conducted by "Dr. Sparks".
- Dead bodies/cryo tubes resembling individuals.

I personally prefer the Name on the MTF, a subtle approach.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Re: EASTER EGG DISCUSSION

Nods to forum members from documents, MTF name tags, gas masks on different 914 settings would yield masks that resemble steelpoint's avatar (but not too much cause resident evil).
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:Nods to forum members from documents, MTF name tags, gas masks on different 914 settings would yield masks that resemble steelpoint's avatar (but not too much cause resident evil).
Actually, if someone puts the Gas Mask in on 1:1 it should make my Avatar's Gas Mask. If we are going with that.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:
Destructoid wrote:Nods to forum members from documents, MTF name tags, gas masks on different 914 settings would yield masks that resemble steelpoint's avatar (but not too much cause resident evil).
Actually, if someone puts the Gas Mask in on 1:1 it should make my Avatar's Gas Mask. If we are going with that.
Gas Mask + Mastercard on Very Fine = The Steely Pointy mask of Steelpoint!

Juicy wrote: Now, seriously, maybe add an alive Regalis inside a transparent box?

http://www.thebts.co.uk/gallery_images/P-regalis.jpg
Won't that be too far-fetched? People will already need to know the scientific name of the spider to get the reference ... You need to be either specialized in Indian spiders or very interested in tarantulas to know (And heck, I'm pretty fascinated by tarantulas, and had to learn the scientific name of a wide array of European animals and commonly held (exotic) pets, but I've never even heard of the Regalis). Unless it's common knowledge here on the forums Regalis got his name from the spider?

i like the idea of putting names on the backs (or wherever you were planning to put them) of MTF soldiers, but then we'll have to at least be able to read it. Right now, it's still quite an issue to even see the soldiers, so it might be good to first implement the hide-'n-seek action. That way, your character will be able to quietly spy on the MTF soldiers without immediately getting shot. And thus easily notice the references.

You could also put in a rather literal interpretation of the nickname, like an iron statue or something of a taco, or trace back where the moderators got their names from and try to somehow add that origin to the game.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/

Juicy wrote:
Doggiedog wrote:Won't that be too far-fetched? People will already need to know the scientific name of the spider to get the reference ... You need to be either specialized in Indian spiders or very interested in tarantulas to know (And heck, I'm pretty fascinated by tarantulas, and had to learn the scientific name of a wide array of European animals and commonly held (exotic) pets, but I've never even heard of the Regalis). Unless it's common knowledge here on the forums Regalis got his name from the spider?
Look at this (it's actually in-game)

We do not wish a repeat of the spider/steel wire incident of the last week.

;)
:shock:

LOL, I've read this multiple times, but I never got the reference. I thought it possibly referred to some obscure article I hadn't read yet on the scp wiki. Well, now that got finally cleared up. No more sleepless nights! \o/
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/