Re: SCP-049 DISCUSSION

The Plague Docter wrote:I have come to agree On your Idea Steelpoint, Some SCP are capable of Conversation The only 2 That are Capable of it, and do not currently have this Feature Gamewise are, 049 and 682. Therefore I believe it would be a good idea to add such Behavior to SCP-049.
FUN FACT: SCP-079 and SCP-990 also talk.

NOTE: 049's chamber often has a glitch that makes the room door where he comes from open. Also I often see gate B clipped into 049's room and sometimes I cant even leave. I even once saw NO zombies and when 049 often comes out of his room he usually has no animation.
bleh

SCP-Sean wrote:NOTE: 049's chamber often has a glitch that makes the room door where he comes from open. Also I often see gate B clipped into 049's room and sometimes I cant even leave. I even once saw NO zombies and when 049 often comes out of his room he usually has no animation.
Shouldn't that be in the bug report section?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Hey folks. This is the original author of 049. It has been a while since I've done much with the main site, but I recently found this message board and I just want to say I'm incredibly impressed with all of the amazing theories everyone has regarding 049 and the pestilence.

In addition, if anyone actively involved in CB is interested in getting any assistance depicting 049 as was originally envisioned, please do not hesitate to contact me, as I am very excited to see 049 have a bright future in CB.

Thank you to everyone here. I absolutely love seeing people who enjoy 049, and to hear him referred to as "favorite"among all SCPs makes my weary, bitter old heart melt.
Keter. It rhymes with better.

GIMLI_2 wrote:scp 049 is also my favourite scp, it should appear more often, or there should be a MUST HAVE in the room where scp 049 appears. until now i can just pass it
Maybe there could be some control panel in the room and the player would have to activate the elevators in order to progress?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

It's nice to see 049 has gotten updates. I like the new 049-2s and 049's new mask is absolutely beautiful. Too bad it seems 049 suffered from a lot of bugs like problems with killing the player and pathfinding issues. As far as posts in the bug reports section goes, it seems the killing bug is fixed so he can actually harm the player, but his pathfinding is awful. D:

Not sure about anyone else, but his speed seems awkward now. I like that he's faster, but the animation + speed seems awkward somehow. He seems to be as fast as the MTF units, which I can understand why they're at a brisk pace, but even with them I think their animation and speed just don't match (they could at least be jogging or something). I would rather have a slow 049 that makes a small charge at the player when he gets close than MTF unit 049. o3o Not sure how difficult that is to control and code, though.

I think his new zombies still have their arms in positions like they're holding guns like their regular model counterparts have. Would be nice to see their arms either at their sides hanging limply, or arms sort of outstretched and reaching for the player. I do really like that they seem to have been guards that 049 got a hold of, though!

Nice to see that it seems 049 can use the elevator, too. c: That's a wonderful touch.

I also still stand by my previous post as far as other things like endings, etc are concerned.

So... i want to say something about SCP-49-2.

Last time i found him in medical room, and he wanted to kill me. I locked him in there, but few minutes later i found him again. I guess he just glitched through the door. But that's not my point. The second meeting was near the active Tesla Gate. It activated when i was running through, but when he was passing... nothing happen. I think that Tesla Gate should kill him. That's just my opinion, tell me if it makes sense.

Sepulchure wrote:So... i want to say something about SCP-49-2.

Last time i found him in medical room, and he wanted to kill me. I locked him in there, but few minutes later i found him again. I guess he just glitched through the door. But that's not my point. The second meeting was near the active Tesla Gate. It activated when i was running through, but when he was passing... nothing happen. I think that Tesla Gate should kill him. That's just my opinion, tell me if it makes sense.
I think you're talking about Box of Horrors. Also, the default Zombies from the game are not supposed to be on the upper level. Only SCP-Oh-Forty-Nine. So of course the Tesla Gates don't work on them.