Re: [Suggestion] SCP-895 Containment chamber modification

Maybe The Camera Disruption should be open? I mean in Addendum 895-1 Command only witnessed minor hallucinations before T1 located the actual coffin. It wasn't until it was opened by T1-2 that the real shock and trauma was brought to Command. One would imagine such shock images would be on part with the ones viewable on the surveillance camera at the moment? Considering that, maybe the coffin should be open in-game as an additional sabotage? I mean we are taking into consideration Dr. Maynard's additional sabotage before or during the breach, and that may include opening The Camera Disruption to further amplify its effects.

Alternatively, the player could open it to find it empty, but upon staring at surveillance equipment, the sanity stats drains much faster?

Both weak changes, but I dunno...it's a start? Maybe occasionally while outside lockrooms, The Old AI changes the footage from inside the lockrooms to the feed wired up to The Camera Disruption or something like that for a second or two?
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

It isn't a bad idea at all, but you didn't notice the fact that the SCP-895 already kills you almost instantly because of the bad containment in the game, but for example your idea could work very well if SCP-895 was correctly contained, even without the damaged camera (seen in my draws).
Last edited by Brunou8 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Brunou8 wrote:It isn't a bad idea, but you didn't notice the fact that the SCP-895 already kill you almost instantly, one of the reasons is because it isn't well contained, but for example, that could work in a well containment without the damaged camera (seen in my draws).
There was also the idea of The Old AI occasionally changing lockroom surveillance monitors for a few seconds, to look through the camera near The Camera Disruption in order to make its effects more of a hazard. It's not exactly the monitor being directly affected after all, it's the camera relaying the visual feed that in turn affects the monitor, so by having more monitors access that camera will increase the cognitohazard part of The Camera Disruption even for a few seconds. The warning that the monitor's about to change is when the avatar of The Old AI flashes up on the monitor, as it tends to do already on lockroom monitor's and also on monitor viewing the inside of containment chamber for The Old Man so it can be kinda implemented, in a sense.

It's a kind of branch-off from modifying it.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.