SCP-914 DISCUSSION

I don't see why this wasn't posted here yet. But anyways, its here.

Tell us what you think should be optimized to or about SCP-914. If any of you don't know what SCP-914 is, I'll fill you in on some information about it.

SCP-914 is a clockwork machine designated to refine objects into modified or broken pieces of the object. SCP-914 is made out of gears, bolts, belts, and a lot of other mechanism components. SCP-914 is that machine you see somewhere in the beginning of the game if you are an adventurer. Its the one that has the option of Rough > Coarse > 1:1 > Fine > Very Fine.

Still... I don't see why this wasn't post earlier.
I lost weight just by running up and down the stairs...

Re: SCP-914 DISCUSSION

Can we trash the keycard upgrade system? 914 itself is pretty nice and cool and whatnot, but I'm so damn sick of watching people rinse and repeat the old Omni-break-the-game trick that makes the play through half as long as it should be. >:(
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

According to the source code, every keycard on "fine" has ~89% chance of producing a keycard with increased security clearance, except for the level 3 keycard, which has 100% chance of producing either a Mastercard or a playing card. I have no idea why Regalis thought this was a good thing, or if it was even intended, but this means the only way to get an omni card is to put any keycard on "very fine" for a 33% chance of producing that. Blitz3D's random number generator is pretty bad so it may seem that any non-omni keycard has almost 100% chance of producing a Mastercard on "very fine" - my advice is to put 3 keycards on the input booth and run 914 on "very fine".

EDIT: And now I've realised I completely misunderstood your post. Carry on!
Last edited by Hakkla on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.

Hakkla wrote:According to the source code, every keycard on "fine" has ~89% chance of producing a keycard with increased security clearance, except for the level 3 keycard, which has 100% chance of producing either a Mastercard or a playing card. I have no idea why Regalis though this was a good thing, or if it was even intended, but this means the only way to get an omni card is to put any keycard on "very fine" for a 33% chance of producing that. Blitz3D's random number generator is pretty bad so it may seem that any non-omni keycard has almost 100% chance of producing a Mastercard on "very fine" - my advice is to put 3 keycards on the input booth and run 914 on "very fine".

EDIT: And now I've realised I completely misunderstood your post. Carry on!
There's really nothing to carry on with.
Spoiler
thought*
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

"We don't want another case of the spider/steel wire incident from last week."

This implies that two or more items, when put into SCP 914, will create on item, or maybe two depending on the settings. Players should be able to insert multiple items into the input booth and get 1 item out of it. Some ideas are putting in a gas mask and a map will blend the two together so that when you put the gas mask on, it has a map display inside it or on the lense or something. You could also combine teardrops and the gas mask that has much clearer vision than the normal gasmask. To get an Omni card, you have to put in 1 of each security card level. Combining a radiation suit with body armor can make an MTF/guard uniform that not only provides more protection, but also protects more areas. Combining a :REDACTED: with a :REDACTED: will get you a :REDACTED: , that will :EXPUNGED:. You can also set the machine to "Course" to downgrade an item or separate combined items. There's really a lot more you can do with the crafting in this game.