SCP-970 DISCUSSION

INFORMATION
------------------

SCP-970, also known as "The Recursive Room", Is a spatial phenomenon wherein a collection of rooms are looped on themselves. In all cases found, This is by means of a series of doors appearing in the walls, All in a straight line, Such that it is possible to walk forwards and end up at the starting position. The alteration to the rooms does not affect neighbouring rooms and floors.

IN SCP CONTAINMENT BREACH
-------------------------------------

SCP-970 affects a 2-way storage room in the Light Containment Zone.
Spoiler
Image courtesy of http://scpcb.gamepedia.com/SCP-970

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps we could think of more ways that SCP-970 could potentially change and affect the Player?
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

Re: SCP-970 DISCUSSION

I would like to have more Events there too.

But not so "Over the Top" stuff. Of course everybody wishes some sort of "Mind-fuck", for example the floor beeing upside down.
Of course i think this would be great. But.. no.

First there should be more stuff at the beginning, no one thinks that there is going to happen something if they walk through it and give up. But maybe its for the best anyway...

There isnt anything to notice at the first alteration or?
Datum A diverged from its original value after the first iteration, as expected.
I like how, for example the D-Class Leaflet changes into another document like SCP-682 and later changes into the note.
The empty cup could be filled with something later.
Maybe the Inventory will have 5 Slots later.
Or the Hud could vanish for some time or maybe permanent?
But if you go really far into it there could be the effect which appears if you go into SCP-914 on 1:1 and reverse your camera. Then would you have to go to SCP-914 to change that effect.
Something like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted here:
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=10

Zarpox wrote:I would like to have more Events there too.

But not so "Over the Top" stuff. Of course everybody wishes some sort of "Mind-fuck", for example the floor beeing upside down.
Of course i think this would be great. But.. no.

First there should be more stuff at the beginning, no one thinks that there is going to happen something if they walk through it and give up. But maybe its for the best anyway...

There isnt anything to notice at the first alteration or?
Datum A diverged from its original value after the first iteration, as expected.
I like how, for example the D-Class Leaflet changes into another document like SCP-682 and later changes into the note.
The empty cup could be filled with something later.
Maybe the Inventory will have 5 Slots later.
Or the Hud could vanish for some time or maybe permanent?
But if you go really far into it there could be the effect which appears if you go into SCP-914 on 1:1 and reverse your camera. Then would you have to go to SCP-914 to change that effect.
Something like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted here:
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=10
That would really be neat. Perhaps every time the player goes through one looping of 970 the storage room begins to get messier with more documents scattered around, perhaps mastercards and playing cards around too, maybe even a strange battery (which can trick the player a bit on picking it up because the battery image doesn't change for the strange battery), and perhaps the cups could contain weird stuff, like some of the unusual entries in 294 being in there too. I think it's too unfair to make the inventory smaller though in one point in 970. Perhaps it could be the opposite: at one point you get like 15 to 20, then suddenly drop down back to 10? The HUD disappearing would be cool though. As for the mouse reversal, well - that might as well be part of the mind-fucking, although that'd be cool too (as well as being in the ceiling).
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

If the hub returns what if it was mirrored on the other side of the screen?.

Also maybe the music could change really subtly, just enough to notice, like maybe after awhile the next time you meet scp-106 he will have his old short chase theme.

Maybe after so many versions there could be a note from someone who also went through 970, something creepy maybe.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

autotroph wrote:That would really be neat. Perhaps every time the player goes through one looping of 970 the storage room begins to get messier with more documents scattered around, perhaps mastercards and playing cards around too, maybe even a strange battery (which can trick the player a bit on picking it up because the battery image doesn't change for the strange battery), and perhaps the cups could contain weird stuff, like some of the unusual entries in 294 being in there too. I think it's too unfair to make the inventory smaller though in one point in 970. Perhaps it could be the opposite: at one point you get like 15 to 20, then suddenly drop down back to 10? The HUD disappearing would be cool though. As for the mouse reversal, well - that might as well be part of the mind-fucking, although that'd be cool too (as well as being in the ceiling).
Thats the problem i noticed with SCP-970. The storage room does not change at all. One note will be there and thats all. The Floor is the thing that shows events that caused by SCP-970 effect. Some will just walk some time through and miss some little things. If thats the thing, you would have to go through one loop and would have to check the floor or the inventory to notice something. Maybe thats not something bad and overdoing it is just, i dont know.

Lets just say and ask ourselves, how is SCP-970 now? I tested it, readed the Foundation document and all the Discussion there.
Dr LosER wrote:Fantastic. I thought it was going to be a boring non-linear geometry SCP, but then the last two test logs grabbed my attention. The possibilities are intriguing: this could be a door to parallel universes separate from each other by a few degrees; the farther you go, the farther you get from your own version of reality. Seeing altered versions of ones self raises existential questions, and the suggestion that we don't get the same person back after we send them through, but a slightly altered one, is very creepy (but I have a phobia of doppelgangers anyways).

All in all, I really enjoyed this SCP. Upvoted.

970 could really be improved, it's really good for CB but really lacks enough events to make it interesting enough. It would be neat if cabinets, shelves, boxes and etc would disappear every once in a while, not sure if it's possible but it seems more likely than ever now that most rooms have the setpieces loaded in separately from the map.

I do like the direction current 970 has though. The floating holeface man and the mute guard who just stares at you are pretty neato. It'd be nice if the room changed a little more than just decals spawning every once in a while, though.
It slep time bunner.