SCP-860 DISCUSSION

SCP-860 is a dark blue key of unremarkable shape. It can fit in any door lock that requires a key located in the area of the given coordinates, and will function identically to the correct key for that lock. When SCP-860 is used to unlock and open a door, the door does not lead to its usual destination. Instead, it opens into SCP-860-1.

SCP-860 can be found in a storage chamber along with SCP-714 and SCP-1025. It can be used to open the wooden door in SCP-860's Testing Chamber to reach SCP-860-1.
Spoiler
——————————————————

SCP-860-1 is a small forest clearing centered on an 80 cm wide footpath surrounded by a grove enveloped in blue-colored mist. The trail inside SCP-860-1 will lead to another door. This second door leads to the normal destination room of the door on which SCP-860 was used. The path itself is linear with a few forks in the road along the way, with one of the paths leading to a dead end.
Spoiler
——————————————————

SCP-860-2, also unofficially referred to as The Guardian, is a creature which lives in SCP-860-1. It is a large feline that walks on four legs with vegetation covering most of its body. It has a long, broad tail, pointed ears, and bright yellow symbols on its chest and head. It is predatory in nature and will display hostility toward anything within 860-1.

SCP-860-2 will stalk the player throughout the forest. It can occasionally be seen watching them through the trees. If the player tries to approach 860-2 while it is docile, it will dash away back into the forest. If the player takes too long to maneuver through the forest, SCP-860-2 will jump out from the trees and onto the path to chase the player and try to kill them.
Spoiler
Images taken from the CB Wiki: http://scpcb.gamepedia.com/SCP-860
Last edited by CommanderMark on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: SCP-860 DISCUSSION

When I first saw 860-2 it immediately became one of my most favorite SCPs. I really liked it beforehand, but the visual was AMAZING.

Oddly, though, out of the entire game, I find the Guardian to not be scary at all. I rather think it's a majestic creature and I just can't be scared of it. That's not a bad thing! I'm so entranced by its beauty that I die because I don't run away.

Chasing monsters/entities in any game always get to me and are one of the things I'm most afraid of, but this beautiful creature doesn't scare me and I actually like it. Yes, I do of course still have some fear because I want to make it to the other side and not get killed, but I'm not afraid of the monster and the chase doesn't make me panic like it usually does. I actually think the creature is beautifully executed in the game and I really don't want to see it changed too terribly much because I think it's perfect as it is. I like that it peers at you from in the trees, I like the tension build up when it's about to appear, I love its animations and noises and everything. Chase music is nice, too.

Guardian I love you <333 you're beautiful and augh <333

I do kind of wish it had more of a muzzle, but the more humanoid-shaped face makes it a bit creepier and reminds me of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke. (that's probably been said before but I don't care)

If there's one thing I'd like more of, it would be all the whispers/murmurs and stuff mentioned in the wiki. Especially, uh, this or alternatively this. Maybe not those sounds exactly, but whenever the monster notices you from within the trees it could have that play? Maybe a little bit more clear just so those not listening as hard would hear "I see you" a bit more.

Re: SCP-860 DISCUSSION

I have a very little suggestion, about the concrete wall surrounding the door. The wall as described in the article seems to be infinite, but it is not infinte in the game, it would be cool if the model of the wall surrounding the door could be very high and wide, to give the impression it is infinite. :)