Re: V0.6.6 Changelog/bugs

HarshlyCritical's playthrough showcased a few small bugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjvGbQSOv_k

In essence:
- floating corpse of the butt ghost victim
- 173 still happens to float around now and then
- At 10:37, I'm guessing he got stuck in the door, and afterwards between 173 and the door without getting his neck snapped.
- tower of D-class people on a table in one of the offices was especially hilarious.

It's also a bit weird how an MTF and an SCP simply ignore each other when both appear at the same time, but that's not really a bug.

Another slight problem I've noticed repeatedly is the fact you don't get enough time to read the leaflet at the beginning, before the guard extracts you from your cell. Not really a bug, but it'd be nice to get some more time to take in your surroundings. oh, and me and a lot of other people actually got quite confused the first time after the guard guided you the whole way, since he doesn't immediately react unless you move on to the next door. This is pretty unnatural for a game in which you get punished whenever you take one wrong step. But these are just minor flaws.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/

Warning: First Post and bad english are incomming (cause i am from german.)

Good morning/evening whatever,

so the first problem I think is the fast loading screen. For example the room2testroom2: When you saving the game before or in the room2testroom2 and provoke that the event with the broking glass happened (outside where the pipe is or inside before entering the room with the two glasses) and after that DIE and not saved the game the fast loading screen comes...
It sets you back at the position you saved but not really load the game that means the events that happened after you saved the game are already happened. The glass is already broken after fast loading but ... It is not and when you provoke again that SCP-173 break the glass the game closes with the MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION error.
The fast loading screen causes the invisible wall thing too. After fast loading the wall is SCP-173`s last position after you get killed and you cant get through but the statue too. :laugh:
(Sometimes the error not happened and the glass break sound will not play of course, only when you see the glass the chance is less.) SCP-173 gets out without breaking the glass thats supposed to be there. But outside the room where the pipe is the chance 100% that the game crashes. Not only the game cant break glass thats not there. :D
The disappearing doors and buttons must be causes by the fast loading screen too but i do not really know.

Sometimes you die after you jump in the pipe in the Pocket Dimension after you survived the flying pillars and

Horror1 and Horror2 seems to be missed at SCP-895.

BTW I LOVE THE GAME!!

That was it for know i think.

Bye

I have a couple. I was checking out the AI for all of the NPCs and I found a few bugs in the Guard AI at the beginning of the game. It is not something that will definitely happen to everyone but, if you walk along side the guard, as opposed to following him, he will stop, mainly I find this happening on the crosswalk after the guard leads you out of the cell block. The Guard will stop and he will say the common frases when one does not comply with the guards and then will move out of his stuck/halted position and fire upon you. An easy solution is just to disable the intro sequence but I found a couple of solutions. I took the elements of the game and put it ino soft image XSI and Source SDK. By changing the speed of the MTF and Adjusting it so it has Tight hitboxes and physics, he will no longer bump into the player and/or stop. I think it would be in the best interest for the next release to Slightly increase the speed of the Guard, I would have to take it up with Regalis but I have an MTF model that has tight hitboxes and can either be Phased or fixed to reduce friction, and more polys. I used some textures to make them look nice and I was able to increase the movement pattern so it doesn't really look like he is walking with something up his ass.

I understand that I wrote an essay just now but I have one more. SCP-173, on occasion, will move through a closed door without stopping to open it. So say I walk through a door and close it behind me, there was SCP 173 to kill me after I closed it. I saved a few times and ran different scenarios, and the most conclusive was when he was following me, I closed the door, and when I blinked he was right in front of me, regardless of the closed door that seperated us.

Last off, I have the same problem when openning SCP CB 6.6, mainly on Windows 7 and Vista, in which I load up the launcher and when I click launch, it says memory access violation. I tried to assess the problem but I could not find a solution. I think this must be addressed because it is a frequent problem with many people.
Please excuse my poor english, I am from Chechnya and I am not totally used to the English Language.

Thank You
-RED MENACE
The Red Menace

The Red Menace wrote:I have a couple. I was checking out the AI for all of the NPCs and I found a few bugs in the Guard AI at the beginning of the game. It is not something that will definitely happen to everyone but, if you walk along side the guard, as opposed to following him, he will stop, mainly I find this happening on the crosswalk after the guard leads you out of the cell block. The Guard will stop and he will say the common frases when one does not comply with the guards and then will move out of his stuck/halted position and fire upon you. An easy solution is just to disable the intro sequence but I found a couple of solutions. I took the elements of the game and put it ino soft image XSI and Source SDK. By changing the speed of the MTF and Adjusting it so it has Tight hitboxes and physics, he will no longer bump into the player and/or stop. I think it would be in the best interest for the next release to Slightly increase the speed of the Guard, I would have to take it up with Regalis but I have an MTF model that has tight hitboxes and can either be Phased or fixed to reduce friction, and more polys. I used some textures to make them look nice and I was able to increase the movement pattern so it doesn't really look like he is walking with something up his ass.

I understand that I wrote an essay just now but I have one more. SCP-173, on occasion, will move through a closed door without stopping to open it. So say I walk through a door and close it behind me, there was SCP 173 to kill me after I closed it. I saved a few times and ran different scenarios, and the most conclusive was when he was following me, I closed the door, and when I blinked he was right in front of me, regardless of the closed door that seperated us.

Last off, I have the same problem when openning SCP CB 6.6, mainly on Windows 7 and Vista, in which I load up the launcher and when I click launch, it says memory access violation. I tried to assess the problem but I could not find a solution. I think this must be addressed because it is a frequent problem with many people.
Please excuse my poor english, I am from Chechnya and I am not totally used to the English Language.

Thank You
-RED MENACE
i once had the same problem, want you need to do (or atleast it worked for me) is to go into the options file of scp containment breach, were it says fullscreen=false change that to true, then were it says launcher=true change it to false and launch the game after saving the changes. it should work as it did for me
Tesseron

So I was just exploring the map, using godmode and disabling 106 and 173 (didn't feel like dealing with them) when I encountered this:
o_O

I don't even know what happened. Though it is to note that to the right (which is behind the wall that the Class D has his back to) is 106's containment chamber, though the monitor still shows the Class D just fine (standing up and all). So I have no clue how this guy got here.

Also, I have the save file, which has saved him, so it should work if anyone wants to see this brave warrior guarding the warheads. Linky here

Also, I noticed that the first door to this room looks kinda weird when it's opened, clipping through the wall and into the window.

Current Bug Hate List:
  • - Lure subject appearing in rooms adjacent to SCP-106's chamber
    - Lure subject not inside the femur press
    - Doors and buttons disappearing on elevators and key-card doors
    - SCP-173's collision model creating "invisible walls"
    - MTF spawn locations and AI
    - Falling through floors upon loading a save
    - Memory access violations when loading saves (specifically around gates and the PD)
    - Darkness in the PD disappearing when loading a save
    - Levers changing position when exiting and reloading saves
I wouldn't mind so much the MTF if they actually moved on their own, they just sit there. The only way to get by them is to make a mad dash.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598