Re: How to Fix a "Memory Access Violation" Error

I am unfortunately experiencing the "in-game" version of the "MAV" game crash. I have tried every suggestion I could conduct without success. The error started occurring at the beginning just after encountering our dearest SCP-173: opening a door to talking people - crash, putting a gas mask on - crashes every time.

I know for a fact SCP-Containment breach works fine on Windows 7. I am now running Windows 8.1 on a new laptop.
I attempted to use the compatibility feature and the system used the Windows Vista service pack 2 but alas it did not change anything. I tried running lower resolution settings and disabling the bump mapping with every fix suggestion.

PS: I Did more testing, I am able to get it to work (mostly) using settings much lower than optimal resolution (around 1200x600), I also found that trying to don the gas mask ALWAYS crashes the game with the "MAV". The "Navigator ultimate" seems to slow the game down considerably but doesn't crash it and at least I am still able to use cards. Unfortunately I cannot wear the gas mask which is an incredibly vital item in the game, so far I have been mostly lucky that my current map only has one gas chamber at the beginning and you can reach SCP-914 after exploring and gathering items.

Until this issue is fixed I am most likely extremely screwed in gassed rooms where SCP-173 almost always spawns.
Last edited by Hirobian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: How to Fix a "Memory Access Violation" Error

......................................................................................................................................................................................
Okay, I promised myself not to be an ass, so I'll define "Elaborate" for you.
"Elaborate - marked by complexity, fullness of detail, or ornateness."
In other words, how did you get a MAV?
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.