Re: SCP-173 bug

Is the fix in the current version? Because when I was inside the small testing room, I walked past the hall part of the room where next to the wall is the little vacuum chamber, and (this happens EVERY time!) 173 teleports out of the chamber, next to me, and cracks my neck. He doesn't even touch the doors at all, just right through the wall.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

SCP-049 wrote:173 killed me before he even escaped. He was in the corridor after the guards had got me out of my cell. How is it even possible!? :|
Let's see...
Regalis wrote:Good news, I finally found the reason for the SCP-173 teleportation bugs. It was such a obvious (and retarded) programming error that I don't know how I didn't see it before:

If 173 is more than 35 in-game units away from the player (which is about the length of four rooms), there's a small chance that it's randomly moved to a point in the map that is 25-30 units away from the player. A cheap and easy way to make it follow the player without a complicated pathfinding AI. Although, there was a bug in the code that made 173 move 25-30 units from the point where it currently is, so occasionally it was teleported into the same room with the player. Now it's fixed though, and 173 works the way it was intended.
Regalis wrote:If 173 is more than 35 in-game units away from the player (which is about the length of four rooms), there's a small chance that it's randomly moved to a point in the map that is 25-30 units away from the player.
Regalis wrote:If 173 is more than 35 in-game units away from the player
Regalis wrote:occasionally it was teleported into the same room with the player.
Maybe it was just the same bug.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

Juicy wrote:I've started a new game to try some stuff and after the intro, 173 appeared from nowhere in my back and killed me. This may happen in other rooms as well; he seems to appear on the ceiling and fall behind you.
Because sometimes SCP-173 has the ability to teleport to places where it is not supposed to be there.For example,I went in a T-shaped lockroom and I didn't see SCP-173.I entered SCP-914's chamber and refined my stuff there.As I step out of the blast door,SCP-173 appeared and my blink meter ran out,resulted in killing me.I load the game again,but it still appeared outside the blast door and killed me again because I got nowhere else to run to.I do know that SCP-173 can appear in lockrooms and the maintenance tunnels,but there is no way that it can appear in SCP-914's chamber.Same problem as you,bro. :(
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

I've been having a similar problem. Twice now, I've been in a situation where I can hear constant grinding so I put my back to a corner so I know for a fact he cant get to me unless I blink, the grinding continues and without blinking he appears out of nowhere and kills me. Considering I could see everything around me but the wall itself, I can only assume he spawned IN the wall or possibly directly above me. That's not fair ;_;