[0.8.1] Some bugs I found

I know this bug happens to a lot of people so I shouldn't even include it but:
1.) the elevator bug (after using an elevator the switch just disappears sometimes, making it impossible to go back)

2.) if you activate some levers, it seems that they will sometimes reset if you restart the game or die and stuff. I'm not sure if this is intended or anything, but it makes it impossible to go back or reach certain goals. Some examples:
-when you go through SCP-096's room and die or reload the game, the doors in its room will be closed forever (and I guess it's because the levers aren't active anymore)
-the levers in the Warhead room sometimes are deactivated even though I pulled them before. Just yesterday I pulled both levers and went through Gate B but the warheads still exploded. I died a few times before I got to Gate B though but I'm sure that I activated the warhead levers.
-the levers in SCP-106's containment chamber. I contained SCP-106 once, I lured him into his prison via the femur breaker, switched the electromagnetic thing ON but somehow he still appeared in the Maintenance tunnels. Only happened once though.

3.) not sure if this can be considered a bug but yesterday I tried going into the offices of the Doctors but somehow the code to Maynard's office and the one that you can find out with the radio thingie were both 9892 and I was only able to enter Maynard's office. I'm 100% sure it was 9892 with the radio, I even tried different orders with those numbers on every door but none worked except for Maynard's one.

4.) SCP-096 and the soldiers keep getting stuck in the corners or walls of some rooms, even happens with 106 sometimes

5.) another issue with SCP-096's room: After the event with the soldier and 096 is over and the doors open, if you don't enter the room and wait for too long they will close and never open again. Is this intended? Because if you arrive in this room and you realize that you forgot something and go back, you just can't enter it again.

6.) don't know if this can be done anymore but if you get caught by 049, you can walk backwards as a "zombie" and go into the elevator. If you use the the pill everything's normal again but if you re-enter the tunnel where 049 is supposed to be, you fall back into the "zombie state" and walk towards the soldier that's supposed to shoot you down. There's a video on youtibe about this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PhPGV_2LUE but it's not from me, so credits to the creator of it :wink:

7.) in some seeds there are no tesla gates at all, making it impossible to lure 106 through one of 'em. Not important but if you want to complete all the tasks in the ending it might be a pain.
Last edited by bowserknight on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: [0.8.1] Some bugs I found

To point 3 I can say you that the code from the burned note and the very fine radio transceiver must be always the same because both are supposed to be Dr. Maynard's code.

To enter Dr. Harp's office you need a normal radio transceiver and then you must listen to channel 5. The code is always the same but I do not want to make it so easy ;)

Well Dr. Gear's is just...

bowserknight wrote:Oooh ok thanks for telling, I thought that the code for Dr Harp is supposed to be the one from the broken radio transciever all the time. Das erklärt einiges :D
No, but a working radio is the only way you can get his security code if you do plan on getting it. It's a random radio conversation that plays, so it has to be a normal transceiver, not the broken one.
It slep time bunner.

bowserknight wrote:I know this bug happens to a lot of people so I shouldn't even include it but:
1.) the elevator bug (after using an elevator the switch just disappears sometimes, making it impossible to go back)

2.) if you activate some levers, it seems that they will sometimes reset if you restart the game or die and stuff. I'm not sure if this is intended or anything, but it makes it impossible to go back or reach certain goals. Some examples:
-when you go through SCP-096's room and die or reload the game, the doors in its room will be closed forever (and I guess it's because the levers aren't active anymore)
-the levers in the Warhead room sometimes are deactivated even though I pulled them before. Just yesterday I pulled both levers and went through Gate B but the warheads still exploded. I died a few times before I got to Gate B though but I'm sure that I activated the warhead levers.
-the levers in SCP-106's containment chamber. I contained SCP-106 once, I lured him into his prison via the femur breaker, switched the electromagnetic thing ON but somehow he still appeared in the Maintenance tunnels. Only happened once though.

3.) not sure if this can be considered a bug but yesterday I tried going into the offices of the Doctors but somehow the code to Maynard's office and the one that you can find out with the radio thingie were both 9892 and I was only able to enter Maynard's office. I'm 100% sure it was 9892 with the radio, I even tried different orders with those numbers on every door but none worked except for Maynard's one.

4.) SCP-096 and the soldiers keep getting stuck in the corners or walls of some rooms, even happens with 106 sometimes

5.) another issue with SCP-096's room: After the event with the soldier and 096 is over and the doors open, if you don't enter the room and wait for too long they will close and never open again. Is this intended? Because if you arrive in this room and you realize that you forgot something and go back, you just can't enter it again.

6.) don't know if this can be done anymore but if you get caught by 049, you can walk backwards as a "zombie" and go into the elevator. If you use the the pill everything's normal again but if you re-enter the tunnel where 049 is supposed to be, you fall back into the "zombie state" and walk towards the soldier that's supposed to shoot you down. There's a video on youtibe about this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PhPGV_2LUE but it's not from me, so credits to the creator of it :wink:

7.) in some seeds there are no tesla gates at all, making it impossible to lure 106 through one of 'em. Not important but if you want to complete all the tasks in the ending it might be a pain.
The code for Dr.Maynard's office can be randomized and the code given by the very fine radio should be the same as the burnt note.
Dr.Harp's office? The code is 7816.This can be heard through the radio when tuned in to channel 5.
Sorry to say this,there is no code for Dr.Gears office.
The elevator bug can be quite annoying though.If you got stuck in the Maintenance Tunnels,you can access the Console by pressing F3,then type "teleport room2tunnel".You may get stuck in the blast door so you may want to type "noclip on".This also applies for SCP-049's chamber,but the command for SCP-049's chamber is "room049".There is also no way to actually contain SCP-106.Even if you turn on the ELO-IID electromagnetics after SCP-106 has entered the cell,he will still come after you.The only way to contain him is by typing "disable106" in the Console.
You cannot delay for too long or exit the room before entering SCP-096's room when the events of SCP-096 killing the guard is taking place.I think this is a bug?
Some map seeds do not have Tesla gates at all because they can sometimes be harmful and can kill you besides luring SCP-106 through them.You can create your own map using the Map Editor.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

I'mNotBlappy wrote:There is also no way to actually contain SCP-106.Even if you turn on the ELO-IID electromagnetics after SCP-106 has entered the cell,he will still come after you.The only way to contain him is by typing "disable106" in the Console.
Actually, if you time it as it's entering the chamber, The Old Man will be contained. The music may still play, but it will be contained, nonetheless. Releasing the ELO-IID electromagnetics will let it out again.
ImNotBlappy wrote:You cannot delay for too long or exit the room before entering SCP-096's room when the events of SCP-096 killing the guard is taking place.I think this is a bug?
If you mean when the doors open, you can't leave the room or wait too long, yes. This is a bug. Additionally, if you get caught by The Old Man in here before you've unlocked the doors, you won't be able to get in there again.
ImNotBlappy wrote:Some map seeds do not have Tesla gates at all because they can sometimes be harmful and can kill you besides luring SCP-106 through them.You can create your own map using the Map Editor.
Haven't seen this yet, but all Tesla Gates are in the Entrance Zone, so you won't find any in the Light or Heavy Containment Zones.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:
I'mNotBlappy wrote:There is also no way to actually contain SCP-106.Even if you turn on the ELO-IID electromagnetics after SCP-106 has entered the cell,he will still come after you.The only way to contain him is by typing "disable106" in the Console.
Actually, if you time it as it's entering the chamber, The Old Man will be contained. The music may still play, but it will be contained, nonetheless. Releasing the ELO-IID electromagnetics will let it out again.
ImNotBlappy wrote:You cannot delay for too long or exit the room before entering SCP-096's room when the events of SCP-096 killing the guard is taking place.I think this is a bug?
If you mean when the doors open, you can't leave the room or wait too long, yes. This is a bug. Additionally, if you get caught by The Old Man in here before you've unlocked the doors, you won't be able to get in there again.
ImNotBlappy wrote:Some map seeds do not have Tesla gates at all because they can sometimes be harmful and can kill you besides luring SCP-106 through them.You can create your own map using the Map Editor.
Haven't seen this yet, but all Tesla Gates are in the Entrance Zone, so you won't find any in the Light or Heavy Containment Zones.
You know,I did the steps correctly to contain SCP-106,he is still chasing after me even though I turned on the ELO-IID electromagnetics when he entered the cell.Maybe I probably wait for too long and he exited the cell?
I know that Tesla gates can only be found in the Entrance Zone.
I'm done,I'm really done here for now.Screw this bullshit that I'm getting from other people.I can't tolerate this anymore,and I'll fuck off from now.

I'mNotBlappy wrote:You know,I did the steps correctly to contain SCP-106,he is still chasing after me even though I turned on the ELO-IID electromagnetics when he entered the cell.Maybe I probably wait for too long and he exited the cell?
If you do it once you hear it entering the cell, as opposed to when the screen goes dark, it should work.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Nightmare Tank wrote:
I'mNotBlappy wrote:You know,I did the steps correctly to contain SCP-106,he is still chasing after me even though I turned on the ELO-IID electromagnetics when he entered the cell.Maybe I probably wait for too long and he exited the cell?
If you do it once you hear it entering the cell, as opposed to when the screen goes dark, it should work.
Oh....I think that will work....thanks :)