Re: (0.8.1) 096 GLITCH

Serimah wrote:How about sounding a little...LESS... excited (don't use CAPS! I CAN READ YOU JUST FINE IN NORMAL WRITING TOO!) and showing some pictures?
I love pics of my Bro doing weird stuff :D
sorry, can't reapeat events :(
no pics either. :( :( :096:
I LOVE SCP-096!

Having The Shy Guy teleporting to the player if they get enough distance is OK, but maybe teleport to a room or two behind the player? Once I wanted to return to The Clockworks in order to refine my Ballistic Vest, and as I was passing through the checkpoint between Light and Heavy Containment Zones, The Shy Guy teleported right in front of me and made me throw my mouse against the wall (It was still intact, somehow).

Much as jumpscares like that will really amplify the creepiness that is The Shy Guy I think it's less realistic for it to just teleport in front of you suddenly. The Sculpture can only just get away with that because it needs eye contact to be broken first, but again, only just...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

PrincessLuna wrote:I cannot disagree more. I happen to love it when 096 randomly appears. Same for 173. However, I also understand how you feel about it being unrealistic, these spontaneous appearances make for a less immersive game.
Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of The Shy Guy teleporting, but I think to make it seem right, maybe teleport a room or two behind you. That way, its screaming can slowly get louder again after you thought you'd gotten away. Nothing like thinking you've lost it by running through the facility, then as you stop to take a breath, its screaming can be heard once again, making you think "What the fuck, man? Get away from me!" and yada yada yada...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

PrincessLuna wrote:I cannot disagree more. I happen to love it when 096 randomly appears. Same for 173. However, I also understand how you feel about it being unrealistic, these spontaneous appearances make for a less immersive game.
Yeah i have this too. i once had it that a MTF just spawned in front of me and i hadn't a chance to run.
こんにちは。私の名前はユカです!はじめまして!
My Steam Account

..::Yuka::.. wrote:
Yeah i have this too. i once had it that a MTF just spawned in front of me and i hadn't a chance to run.
Yeah I've seen somebody have the same problem as you. --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGdWIPhJHz4
A link to the video what had the random teleporting MTF's (You see the MTF teleport at: 2:00)
I'm a brony, got a problem, then please go away. -->