Bad framerate?

recently I've been playing SCP, as I always do.
My old computer bit the dust, so I got a new one (with a much better gpu and cpu), but for some reason, when I play SCP in 1080, the game has worse framerate than my old comp.
However, it maintains a steady 20-25 FPS. Even when I walk through smoke (which used to cause my FPS to drop to like 10 on my last comp)
is there a way to fix this?
(I should also note I'm playing on Windows 8)
All this scratchin' is makin' me rich!

Re: Bad framerate?

Have you installed the GPU drivers from the manufacturers site? (not sure if they have Win8 support up yet, probably do I would think) The built-in Windows drivers usually suck.

I've always had a bad framerate here, but that's just because my computer is quite old now, and the GPU is pretty weak. I usually average on 5-15 fps. (near 1 or 2 in smoke)

Agent of the BSoD wrote:Have you installed the GPU drivers from the manufacturers site? (not sure if they have Win8 support up yet, probably do I would think) The built-in Windows drivers usually suck.

I've always had a bad framerate here, but that's just because my computer is quite old now, and the GPU is pretty weak. I usually average on 5-15 fps. (near 1 or 2 in smoke)
well my GPU (which is really apart of an APU) is up to date
its probably windows 8

and really, SCP worked so horribly for me on WIndows Vista

The same EXACT thing happened to me. I had an old laptop, 2GB RAM, Windows 7, but I decided to upgrade, so I got a brand new Lenovo, 8GB RAM, Intel i5, Windows 8, (and so on), yet my new computer gets terrible FPS, especially in fullscreen mode, while my laptop always got decent frames (50-70 FPS).
The sensual violence of lust is all the assurance you will ever need to know the worth of life.

Dan wrote:The same EXACT thing happened to me. I had an old laptop, 2GB RAM, Windows 7, but I decided to upgrade, so I got a brand new Lenovo, 8GB RAM, Intel i5, Windows 8, (and so on), yet my new computer gets terrible FPS, especially in fullscreen mode, while my laptop always got decent frames (50-70 FPS).
It must be windows 8

I remember Vista running this game like garbage. It gave me like 10 fps on like 640 X 480 FS

This could likely be due to the hardware on the laptops, not the OS. (still possible, however) If it's integrated GPUs (like onboard ones or Intel GPUs) then that would be the cause right there. Those types of GPUs have very bad performance with graphics on almost any game. It's always better to have an nVidia or AMD card instead, you'll get much more better results with those.

Agent of the BSoD wrote:This could likely be due to the hardware on the laptops, not the OS. (still possible, however) If it's integrated GPUs (like onboard ones or Intel GPUs) then that would be the cause right there. Those types of GPUs have very bad performance with graphics on almost any game. It's always better to have an nVidia or AMD card instead, you'll get much more better results with those.
You do understand an APU is a full CPU + GPU and not integrated, right?
plays CS: GO on 1920 X 1080 medium-high at about 55-60 fps

anyways, I found a workaround to the problem
Instead of playing your game in fullscreen, play it in windowed mode.
I played 1920 X 1080 on windowed, and got on average 50 FPS.

prizna wrote:I have noticed that I am getting a major drop in FPS in certain sections (just before 096's room, the suicidal guard area) I had these before as well but they seem to have gotten worse since the last update.
whats your CPU/ GPU?
maybe when the artifacts spawn, they will cause FPS drop due to the CPU not handling them staying spawned.

Roller6902 wrote:
prizna wrote:I have noticed that I am getting a major drop in FPS in certain sections (just before 096's room, the suicidal guard area) I had these before as well but they seem to have gotten worse since the last update.
whats your CPU/ GPU?
maybe when the artifacts spawn, they will cause FPS drop due to the CPU not handling them staying spawned.
I'm using a laptop but I usually have no problem with most games:

CPU: i7-2670QM 2.2GHZ

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M