Should BTE be implemented into the base game of Barotrauma

Now now this isn't a petition but an idea. A suggestion if you will. This is my personal opinion of BTE and the base Barotrauma game. So let's get started, I first off love Barotrauma by all means. The monsters and memes that came out of this game's beta was amazing. BTE Includes many things like Canteen, Officer and prisoners, chef , and the Seaman roles, Also gave you more options medical wise. Now if we were to implement and expand on BTE by having it curated. Think about how this would affect the game's beta, this might have to result in re shoots of the trailers, new pictures taken on the website. Then you have to think about the budget and fan base of this wonderful game.
Spoiler
I for one do want BTE implemented but if it isn't then that's perfectly fine.
Tell me your thoughts about BTE possibly being implemented.

Re: Should BTE be implemented into the base game of Barotrauma

BTE as a mod has a lot of flexibility to try weird and crazy new things, so I don't want to take that away... but as someone who only plays BTE anymore I do agree that the base game really needs to incorporate some better BTE features to avoid a major population divide once it launches on Steam. Cook/Kitchen and Officer roles are such a natural fit they really should be implemented into base game. Same with the additional outfits (pants/hats etc.) which add a lot of flavor for such a simple addition. The new assets like duct blocks/glass doors/etc. are HUGE boons to a sub builder.

The Seaman/Assistant role should honestly just be removed. There is no need for a "generalist" who in fact can't do anything (e.g. can't fix junctions or busted engine).
I made subs for both base game and BTE:
https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... =22&t=7201

BTE is a mod and it should stay that way, there wont be much of a divide as you think because the devs are going to be releasing more content once the steam release happens. Going through all the trouble to get BTE into the official barotrauma beta would as etet said, just clutter it with content. BTE is for people who like playing BTE, and it should stay that way.
It's not about the amount it's about the presentation.

Castro wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:34 pm
BTE is a mod and it should stay that way, there wont be much of a divide as you think because the devs are going to be releasing more content once the steam release happens. Going through all the trouble to get BTE into the official barotrauma beta would as etet said, just clutter it with content. BTE is for people who like playing BTE, and it should stay that way.
+1