How to get certain things / questions from a newbie

Hi there folks,

new to the forum and the game and did quiet some searching already but could not find answers neither here nor at g00gle.

So here I go:

1) Where do I get more toolboxes for my technicians / mechanics?
2) Where can one sell stuff?

3) I reckon all the minerals and such you find are for crafting things, though I believe they have to be processed first. Maybe in... The Deconstructor??
But where can I find one? Have only played the Dugong so far (and only in Singleplayer admittedly). So there is no deconstructor on that ship and nowhere in any outpost/station I've traveled to so far...

4) Is there a way to get rid of the empty boxes, depleted fuel rods and so on? I'd like my submarine clean & tidy at all times so I use to dump them through the airlock before saving but also think about that mysterious deconstructor again ;)

5) Is it possible to build and install larger gear like different weapons and additional stations onto ones ship?

I'm sure all of these have been discussed before so please point me out as I did a search on all kinds of keywords I can think of, but to no avail.

@Devs: Great game, I was addicted immediately. Keep it up.

Re: How to get certain things / questions from a newbie

Ships are kind of set in stone so you can’t upgrade them or their weapons so I suggest starting out with a different sub

If your mining plants and ores from the outside of your sub you do put them on the deconstructor

For despising if items most things can be broken down inside of the Deconstructor the only things that can’t be broken down are crafting materials

I don’t think you can sell stuff as of yet but that’s proably on the road map

Your mechanics/engineers spawn with tool boxes
Just your average drug addicted Medic

Re: How to get certain things / questions from a newbie

Sir Sub-a-Lot wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 pm
Thanks for the clarification.
I still cannot find a deconstructor. Is it only on certain subs? Do I have to travel to a specific type of station? Please help!
Some subs have it and some don’t. 4/5 of the vanilla subs have it so you must of picked the 5th with out it, so you may want to start a new save. Sorry man
Just your average drug addicted Medic