Wiring and unwiring

It's way too easy to unwire something completely. To rewire something you have to walk the distance between the devices, but to unwire something completely and pick up the wire, all you have to do is drag to your inventory. In the time it takes to rewire a ballast pump to a navigation terminal a single saboteur can unwire several junction boxes and get rid of the wire completely.

Most subs also have designs that make it easy to spot when there has been wire sabotage, due to the lack of wires. If we could simply unhook the connectors and leave them there, just unconnected, but still actually wired to the hull, I think that would be neat.

Re: Wiring and unwiring

I kind of feel like touching live wires should be a bad thing. Maybe electrical skill make it possible but low skill it should give you a good jolt. Even if it's DC, depending on what lines you are touching it should jolt you. If it's AC as their is no negative return wire and output is grounded to the hull... well we could see some toasty saboteurs.

Thriven wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 pm
I kind of feel like touching live wires should be a bad thing. Maybe electrical skill make it possible but low skill it should give you a good jolt. Even if it's DC, depending on what lines you are touching it should jolt you. If it's AC as their is no negative return wire and output is grounded to the hull... well we could see some toasty saboteurs.
If a person with low electrical skill attempts to screw with wiring they can get a good aloud stun
Just your average drug addicted Medic

Xeno wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 am
Thriven wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 pm
If a person with low electrical skill attempts to screw with wiring they can get a good aloud stun
I didn't know that. Good to know.