More deconstructors (and more questions)

Playing vanilla BT with a Dugong sub and for what I've read so far, is either you have a deconstructor on the sub you chose at the beginning or you don't have one at all.
No such device anywhere in the game at any destination one can travel to.
Is this correct? If so, please change that. After all, what are we supposed to do with all the minerals and such that are out there.

Next is the weld gas tanks: Where do you recharge them? There is a blueprint for empty weld gas tanks at the fabricator so there has to be something that refills them, right? (I'm aware that they can be bought at atations so thats not too big of a problem atm ;) )

And what about all the electrical stuff sold in the station's shops? Does all the goodies of that category have any function whatsoever or do certain things have to be implemented yet?

Today I also ran into a dead end twice. There was a volcano under water spitting big glowing rocks and going across it (or even getting closer just to see what would happen) seemed to be impossible because the passage was blocked by rocks above it. There was no other route in that sector and I had to get back to the starting point / abandon mission and choose a different destination on the map. I had the idea of maybe having to blast open a passage and started experimenting with C4, wire and switch but apparently these can only be used in certain areas such as stations and subs but not under water at all.

In the ruins, I discovered an Ancient Alien Weapon today and found that you can put it to use with one of their energy cells.
But what is all the other alien stuff good for? Are the artifacts of any use except when there's a mission to retrieve one?

The Moloch: First I thought this one can't be killed with Gauss cannons at all but after watching some YT I managed to hunt one down for once.
It somehow got stuck and wasn't able do much to my sub that time. But man, usually the Molochs beat my ship to pieces. How is one supposed to fight them and win?
It's also nearly impossible to see their health bar so I'm still wondering if they take damage through their top shell or solely from the underside.

So are we supposed to build our own subs in the editor to get certain things done or even beat the game?

Again, please help.

Thank you.

Re: More deconstructors (and more questions)

I’m back
The dugong is the only sub I have seen with out a deconstructor so the best way to treat this is to switch subs some how or a new save
I’m not so sure about the welding tanks maybe something in progress?
The electrical items are usually so a player can modify his or her sub to have automatic systems like doors that shut in case of flooding
I have had a similar thing happen to me but usually there ls a really small hole that is some how big enough for the sub
Deconstruct those artifacts to get some not so easy to get materials, all items in the ruins can be deconstructed except for power cells and I think weapons
The moloch shell greatly reduces damage taken and I agree with you on the fact that it’s very annoying not being able to see it’s health
You do not need to build your own subs to win at all. Dugong is really only good for learning the game as it’s not very strong in more dire sercumstances

Also sorry to hear your having a tough time but the first thing you should do is stop using Dugong I know that’s annoying and all but the lack of a deconstructor and constructor is a big problem. If you really wanna stick with it you can’t go outside and mine stuff anymore and you have to buy everything, (some items aren’t even available at shops)

Happy to help
Just your average drug addicted Medic