Junction box breaking immediately

Hi all,

Was really hoping I could figure out what I'm doing wrong through guides and YouTube but I'm stumped and likely will be an obvious solution. Each time I power up the reactor the junction box breaks and permanently needs someone repairing it.

What I've basically done is take the Dugong sub and modified. I've only made two change to the existing electrics which is causing the problem and increasing the reactor output from 2700 to 3500 to account for a second engine detailed below. I've tried other ways of doing it which are a workaround but would like to understand what I'm doing wrong.

What I've done...
I removed the wire from the original engine allnthe way to the original JCT box it went to. I added a second small engine, added a junction box and added a lamp. I then added a wire that goes from the reactor into the junction box, then a wire going from JCT to engine 1, JCT to engine 2 and thinking it was a 0 load issue acquire from JCT to lamp. The blue wires to the console seem fine.

I've examined wire layouts from other subs and cannot see what I'm doing wrong. I can appreciate I might be making a silly change but I'm just trying to learn how everything works.

Hope you can help and thanks.

Re: Junction box breaking immediately

The fact that it is exploding the moment you turn on the reactor suggests that you are pumping too much power through the grid. J-boxes overload if you push 2x the Power needed to satisfy the Load. What is most likely happening is that you created a short circuit by adding the second engine without wiring it through the main grid. Remember that if you split the grid into 2, the grid that has the less Load will blow up. I don't know what the junction layout looks like so I can't really say what solution you can use.