How can I convert a repeating signal to a single signal?

I get these signals from devices: 11110000000111111, but I need to get this: 1 .... 0 ...... 1 ....
Dots are the absence of a signal.
How can I replace a repeating signal with a single signal?
I made a circuit using a relay. When the first signal arrived at the relay, the relay switches itself off. Thus, I can turn several signals into one signal. But it only works once! How can I do it right?
For example, I want to control a door so that it opens and closes with a motion sensor. The problem is that the motion sensor sends a repeating signal. And if I do this with a repeated signal, then I cannot open the door manually. Because a repeated signal will not allow me to do this. So I need to convert it to a single signal. Please help me solve the problem.

Re: How can I convert a repeating signal to a single signal?

You can download my ship and copy over my automatic doors if you'd like... it's "The Dauntless" and the auto doors function flawlessly. It was a pain to figure out. The auto doors that come with vanilla, aren't exactly fully automatic and are slow. So i did mine from scratch and they definitely work and use motion sensors as you desire.
The Dauntless
Completed Submarines:
The Dauntless