Re: Custom ships

MaverickSTS wrote:I place a lot before I do any wiring so I know what I have room to work with. I'll use as few as possible, then delete the ones that are left over.
Don't get me wrong, I like having extra junction points so players can try weird stuff. I want Regalis to add more sperglord wire stuff.

BobBarker wrote:
MaverickSTS wrote:I place a lot before I do any wiring so I know what I have room to work with. I'll use as few as possible, then delete the ones that are left over.
Don't get me wrong, I like having extra junction points so players can try weird stuff. I want Regalis to add more sperglord wire stuff.
I just want wiring to not be as finnicky. Right now, junctions shit the bed the second electricity tries to flow in more than one way (which is why you can't have the reactor connecting to more than one junction box on the same circuit, same with why you can't have batteries charge and put out at the same time) they blow out. Wiring feels more like a puzzle game than anything else, and diagnosing problems in the circuit is a massive pain in the ass.

I think it could be fixed by having in/out connections instead of jamming them all on one power connector, but who knows.

BobBarker wrote:
yonzo_rikuo wrote:i wonder how the most systematic ship will look like
I'm obviously biased but I set out with the goal to make that ship, and this is what it looks like, note the bullet points: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4689&start=20#p103641
The airlocks between sections kills your concept, honestly. Having to don a diving suit just to get from one place to another in the boat is pretty much the furthest from efficient or systematic one can get. I am unable to get a screenshot because the latest version doesn't work on my computer (also why I have ceased working on boats) but I made a MK II of the Gato which is essentially an extremely compact/efficient design. Everything is in-line with other systems, junction boxes are all in one area, it has everything the boat needs to operate without much extra space. With your boat, if someone is on the far left side and a breach occurs on the far right, the boat is going to slam into the bottom of the map or plunge deep into the abyss by the time they can get over to fix it. It's also terrible when you consider how the boat hitboxes are formed.