Re: Custom ships

I appreciate the hard work you've put into fixing the Avalon.
Every update that changes sprites is going to break it again, though.

I'd fix it myself, but savemap always outputs "invalid directory."
Rule 1) You are expendable.
Rule 2) Asking about Rule 1 will enforce it automatically.

I finished a new boat today. I was on a server yesterday that loaded up the absurdly tiny Nautilus sub, which gave me the idea to make a fully functional sub that's extremely cramped. So I came up with this. It has a space magic hole in the bridge water/air can't flow through, but that's only because one of the big issues with the Seawolf is the ballast tank with no immediate access. People had to cut holes and then designate someone to sit in it. This one, you can't climb out of, but your head sticks up through the floor so you can still get air. If you sprint, you can cram into the tank and make repairs/etc. Otherwise, people should learn to avoid falling down the small hole.

It handles extremely tight. Autopilot actually does an extremely good job because of how responsive it is. The inner airlock door can only be opened by the captain's ID, hopefully deterring traitors from just trying to instantly flood the sub through it. Also tried to cram as many supplies as possible into the small amount of space I had to work with.

Would be great if it's added to the repository. Thanks.
DL:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=363 ... 6691341377

asialsky wrote:Every update that changes sprites is going to break it again, though."
ech, not looking forward to that.
MaverickSTS wrote:I finished a new boat today.
that sub looks really awesome and im looking forward to hunting a moloch in it. bear in mind you can't climb up ladders in diving suits so those suits on the bottom level are stuck there and if anyone brings the other suits down they'll be stuck unless you flood the sub to swim them back up.

Jingo wrote:
asialsky wrote:Every update that changes sprites is going to break it again, though."
ech, not looking forward to that.
MaverickSTS wrote:I finished a new boat today.
that sub looks really awesome and im looking forward to hunting a moloch in it. bear in mind you can't climb up ladders in diving suits so those suits on the bottom level are stuck there and if anyone brings the other suits down they'll be stuck unless you flood the sub to swim them back up.
Hopefully people don't grab the top suits in the airlock, I put a bunch in empty spots on the main level in hopes of holding people off from rushing the airlock. Also, the first airlock door can only be opened by the captain or security (going out, so people coming in don't need it to be opened for them) to keep people away from the harpoon guns for a moment.

Apparently there were some issues I didn't catch when testing the boat originally, I didn't know flooding wasn't working properly in the aft machinery area or one of the bottom windows was impossible to fix. I made a few changes, got rid of the doors because that seemed to be the root of the issue, moved the bilge entrance to the aft end and added a ladder, got rid of the forward ballast tank, and connected the ballast tank to the rest of the boat as far as water flow goes. It actually works well, the ballast won't overfill into the sub like I was afraid it would during fast diving. Removing the doors also allowed for some extra room for supplies, there's now diving masks and medical supplies.

DL: Gato MK II
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=026 ... 5035145950

Work in Progress. I call it Metal Slug because it reminded me of the tank after I got the basic layout done. Inspired by the Mako sub with it's split design.

-Four pod design: two mirror image reactor/ballast pods, main/nav pod and a gun pod.
-Left reactor pod is wired to power the central pod, which is wired into the gun pod, the right pod is wired to power itself.
-Unconnect junction to right pod for easy bypass in case of reactor failure.
-Six airlocks with semi-protected paths, no logic gates for maximum lulz.
-Three oxygen generators, gun pod vents are connected to the main pod's oxygen generator.
-Engines/Ballasts signal inputs are wired through the junction, for additional points of failure.
-Full suite of all wiring/logic gates, something lacking on many subs.

I'm mostly done, but I hit a bug that set me back a bit. I was furnishing items and at some point the cabinets lost track of what items were where, swapping them all around. One of the cabinets has buttons in them, and it crashes me when I try to take them out. I'm gonna delete the cabinet and do it again but still annoying. Regalis should get rid of minimum posts for bug reports.