Barotrauma Clans - UCN

This may be premature, but it's been on my mind ever since I got here and I needed to put it out there.

Barotrauma has tons of potential because of its open-ended sandbox design. That same potential allows people to grief like mad. Rarely have I seen a public server group complete a mission; most of the time they can't even fend off a single shrimp. This may be all well and good for those who like to cause, watch and deal with havoc, but it makes the better part of the game irrelevant, since it is hardly even seen. Given that AI is not reliable at this stage, and that playing with other humans is where a game like this would really shine, I propose that we start forming goal-oriented clans, with password-protected servers to keep that method of play intact.

For my part, I'd like to start a full-realism/serious group. The goal would be to complete missions with a minimum of casualties and expended resources. Crews would be trained into well-oiled machines who would know the theory, the game and the boats like the backs of their hands. They would operate according to sound nautical and military principles, turning every boat into the kind of "nation on floats" that they ought to be. Most importantly, there would be a zero-tolerance policy for griefing; at most we'd use the built-in Traitor function for its intended purpose: Assassination without being caught.

Benefits of such a group include:

- No wasted time from random people stunning/handcuffing/exploding/overloading/rewiring/sinking/etc.
- A place where new players can learn not only the ropes but the whole picture.
- Barotrauma played as a crew simulator, with accomplishment and failure on a team-wide basis.
- A focus group for precise bug reporting and feature analysis.

If anyone is interested in a group like this, please PM me. Depending on the interest level, I have the resources to burn on a TS channel, among other things. Questions or comments can be posted in this thread, regarding this specific group or clans in general.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Re: Barotrauma Clans - UCN

PMs sent.

I know a lot of folks around here are quite young; I'm in my mid-twenties but I already feel like the Old Man. There is no age limitation, but you had better darn well earn your keep. If you're young, you have to work twice as hard to prove that you're up to it.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18