Re: Nuclear Reactor not Properly Functioning on Custom ship.

Caryl wrote:Well, your water detectors keep the doors locked down and there's no way to open them unless they get un-wired from the Set_State nodes of the hatches. As for the Reactor, I tried to put in another reactor and hooked it up to another junction box... It doesn't work either. I'll try to tinker around, maybe it's the temperature? Ship is too large and too cold?

Wait hold up.

If the water detector is keeping doors shut it means that the game is registering water on the ship without it being there, and we all well know Nuclear Reactors can't run while submerged. Is that possible?

Nickanator4 wrote:
Caryl wrote:Well, your water detectors keep the doors locked down and there's no way to open them unless they get un-wired from the Set_State nodes of the hatches. As for the Reactor, I tried to put in another reactor and hooked it up to another junction box... It doesn't work either. I'll try to tinker around, maybe it's the temperature? Ship is too large and too cold?

Wait hold up.

If the water detector is keeping doors shut it means that the game is registering water on the ship without it being there, and we all well know Nuclear Reactors can't run while submerged. Is that possible?

It's the opposite actually, you hooked them up to the set_state node. set_state keeps the doors closed if they receive a "0" signal, which the water detector is sending because it does not detect any water; hence it is inactive. If it detects water, it will send a "1" signal that will indicate there is water detected.

Layman's terms, you rigged your hatches to open when they detect water and keep em' locked and sealed if there are none.

Caryl wrote:
Nickanator4 wrote:

Wait hold up.

It's the opposite actually, you hooked them up to the set_state node. set_state keeps the doors closed if they receive a "0" signal, which the water detector is sending because it does not detect any water; hence it is inactive. If it detects water, it will send a "1" signal that will indicate there is water detected.

Layman's terms, you rigged your hatches to open when they detect water and keep em' locked and sealed if there are none.
Oh...Well that's counter-productive....

Good news, I found it's a bug. When you put the Fuel Rod in, drag it into any of the other empty boxes and then it will automatically power itself up once you do that.

Double clicking might register as just storing the item instead of actually putting it into use inside the Reactor. Weird, you gotta drag it inside.

Here's a pic of your submarine coming to life.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =735491473
Last edited by Caryl on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.