Re: Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 servers

Xeno wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:56 pm
Just to make this clear will there be moderators on the server to combat griefing?

Hi Xeno,

Good question! We have the technique and staff to make this possible. In fact this is happening already quite constant, as you may see in our Banlist.

But, a lot can be improved. I have been offline for quite a while prior to the Steam release, creating a lot of open tasks to be done. After Steam release I have been back fully, but besides finishing a year of my study and prioritizing all remaining tasks, I also had to make changes to administration to make it compatible with the Steam game version.

Friday I have announced the plans for now in our Discord, meaning that soon new applies will be accepted. Currently we have 8 administrators in our team. The original set capacity is 12. It's likely this may increase as we also doubled in servers. This ofcourse also depends on amount of interest in applying for admin.

You are able to overview current staff members at our Stafflist. It is expected that this will improve the coverage of administrators at the servers. As direct answer to your question: It's not a matter of 'will there be', it's a matter of 'will there be more'. Yes, there will be.

Adding to this: It's not like in pre-alpha anymore where a ban doesn't have much effect, where you could easily evade your ban. A SteamID permanent ban means you have to buy a new copy of the game to get back on our servers, or appeal the ban as you have the right to at our forums. I'm sure this also has some effect on players.
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!