Re: Things that you should consider adding to Vanilla that are or are inspired from BTE

Fabevil wrote:- Making the assistant role a second in command role, assists captain and is commander of security
pourpose of assistant role is to have a role for new players that is a bit more versetile than other jobs, but can't do everything with perfect skill.
makeing it captains assistant, removes the "pick this i you have no idea what you are doing" role
also there is nothing captain needs help with. everything that he could need help with security can do
Fabevil wrote:- Having guns for security, not necessarily futuristic, even ballistic guns are good and personally I prefer them over futuristic ones
Adding guns to security would make most munities impossible. if crew wants to munity there is nothing they can do. security is already really strong with battons and armor, adding guns it too much. the only person who needs a gun is captain, to ensure his authority by having most powerfull weapon and even then it's not that powerfull, with starting ammunition is can only take down one person, compared with bte where it can take down 6 people

Fabevil wrote:-Adding food items and a cook role
- Adding 2 or more passive jobs, one that serves a passive purpose, and the other to replace the Old Assistant role.
- Having a scientist role, ‘cause why not?
when making games, you never add stuff just because you can, as it adds unececarry content what no one will use. why pick that passive or scientist job when you can pick mechanic and get good repair skill?
if it does not make the game more fun and intresting it does not belong in the game.

Fabevil wrote:- Having boxers instead of cargo pants, and with this change, adding clothes items and headwear like baseball caps.
- Replace the Captain pistol (I saw the Twitter videos) with a revolver
- Melee weapons like screwdriver and such
seems reasonable.
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

Re: Nevermind

Even though I am abandoning this suggestion and making a new one (check it out) what I meant for making the assistant a captain assistant would be an additional Job, the WHAT THE F IS GOING ON job is still ther
"Keep a tool in the wool, for me!" - Bedbananas, also known as the craziest man in the world

Fabevil wrote:Even though I am abandoning this suggestion and making a new one (check it out) what I meant for making the assistant a captain assistant would be an additional Job, the WHAT THE F IS GOING ON job is still ther
disregarding that point, it is still useless, same a scientist and passive role
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

etet2 wrote:
Fabevil wrote:Even though I am abandoning this suggestion and making a new one (check it out) what I meant for making the assistant a captain assistant would be an additional Job, the WHAT THE F IS GOING ON job is still ther
disregarding that point, it is still useless, same a scientist and passive role
Scientist is in a bit of a weird spot in BTE. Blueprints don't serve much purpose so the only things scientists can really do that's worthwhile is craft chems for others.
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294