Insanity

Pretty simple, hallucinations and such.

How this would work depends on what the character's skills are.
For BTE standards, Seamen are the most highly to encounter hallucinations. Mostly due to their skills.

Oh, you want to know how does this thing work?

Simple, let's say there is a husk and your medical skill is less than 40-ish, a bar will appear next to where the oxygen will be, colored in black, it will decrease and decrease, once it is dead, or you stopped looking at it, it will become stable. Sounds of heavy breathing are heard and such. For a time limit of 60 seconds, a husk in black will keep jumping at you. And this applies to all monsters, so if you see a Moloch, you might hear it's noise and check the railgun to see that it is not there. That bar can be increased using Auxrolline (ouch) or Insanity Curing Pills.

Kinda bad, but hey. It increases the realism.
did you know that the welder and plasma cutter tools are the best weapons?
:e:
ouch
how do I insert an actual good meme.
Spoiler
barotrauma 2 is not coming out.

Re: Insanity

It increases the realism.
No it doesn't. The various crewmembers of the Europan Coalition, who are the best of the best, are highly trained in their respective field and no doubt hard to crack under pressure. You can't seriously be suggesting that as soon as someone simply sees a creature that they go completely off their rocker, because they saw a creature of all things... Hell, you wouldn't suddenly go insane if you saw an elephant for the first time now would you? In the same way the average GI Joe wouldn't lose the plot the moment they see the enemy.
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

No, as I said, this is on their skills. A medical doctor will not hallucinate if they see a husk or a captain who has his medical skill more than 40 or 20, this is mostly concerned about skills, not 'seeing an enemy then running the fuck away,'
ouch
Spoiler

I completely think that this is for the better, since I always thought: "How the fuck are these people seeing their crewmates dead, husks, people being murdered, and still sane after this?" I think that if you go COMPLETELY insane, your character will randomly grab things, use weapons, and a gibberish generator that makes your character say random things. You cannot be cured, and your character will either have to be put in the brig, or be executed via a weapon, or maybe even an electric chair. I honestly think that this is a good idea, so that the crew will be more careful in killing other crewmembers and things like that, where on most Bt servers, people just grief and kill randomly. Those people could get punished fairly then.

Adding an insanity mechanic that indiscriminately punishes all players for killing and maming is hardly an effective countermeasure against griefing. Also taking control away from the player using the excuse of "insanity lol" sounds like a terrible gameplay mechanic that would more than likely be a drag to deal with for the player.

Also, about husks causing insanity...

They are just zombies.
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

randymagic241 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:21 pm
Adding an insanity mechanic that indiscriminately punishes all players for killing and maming is hardly an effective countermeasure against griefing. Also taking control away from the player using the excuse of "insanity lol" sounds like a terrible gameplay mechanic that would more than likely be a drag to deal with for the player.

Also, about husks causing insanity...

They are just zombies.
Well, I don't like the idea of you know, "HOLY SHIT ME INSANE ME HAVE TO GO AAAAAAAAAA CRA Z Y!" mostly, because the game balance is just ruined.

Secondly,
jesus chris do you see a real life zombie everyday chase you?

Plus to not make the insanity thing take over: just add a mode in which toggles whether insanity is on or not.
ouch
Spoiler

When I say that, I don't mean all control is lost, you can still move shit around in your inventory, and move, it's just that things will randomly be equipped and used. You can easily fix it, and since guns are op, they shouldn't be effected at all by insanity. And I think that the toggle thing is pretty good.

BlueTheKing wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:51 pm
None of this matters as "insanity" is being added to the game as "psychosis" this was already explained somewhere by Regalis and can be seen on his twitter.
To save you a trip to twitter ill describe it for you

Basically you’ll start to see fake fires and flooding, and the sounds of explosions and hull breaches when there are none. Not really spooky but can screw you over when you dont know if something is on fire or not.
Just your average drug addicted Medic