Voice integration with radio / maybe other atmospheric features

I was thinking it would be cool if voice could be further integrated ICly into the game, so you could use it over radio which would broadcast to everyone (along with maybe a grainy radio filter for effect), and perhaps voice could be affected by other in game things, such as not being able to talk while stunned or being husked, or perhaps when you are underwater it adds a underwater effect to everyone else's voice and mutes yours (unless you are using the radio).

Making voice an IC thing instead of what appears mostly an OOC thing would make it a lot more immersive I think, since radio noises and static are always cool and also tend to be a large part of horror fiction.

Re: Voice integration with radio / maybe other atmospheric features

YES!! This could improve the voice chat completely! If you go too far away you could cut in and out because of a bad signal. You could turn off your radio to have private conversations but other people may be listening in on you... Maybe an antenna or something outside the ship that could be sabotaged. So many possibilities for game play.

Some requests I have would be an icon to show you're broadcasting, and settings for server owners. Like a slider for smaller proximity or global proximity.

Re: Voice integration with radio / maybe other atmospheric features

I don't think the static should be too difficult to implement either, though. Audio stuff isn't my area of knowledge really but just today I was playing Arma 3 life and in our teamspeak one guy mentioned a plugin which makes it sound like a radio. We all added it and it was pretty cool, really added to immersion, and would definitely make BT more immersive as well.

I admit I don't know much about audio stuff especially in the context of Barotrauma and its engine but it seems there are already existing resources for it that integrate pretty well into VOIP.