Re: Idea for song for use in Subsurface

Nice job, it sounds really nice. Sort of reminds me of Minecraft Music, for some reason. Sadly, the only place I could see this playing is on the menu (Which would be kinda funky), or ambiance during the game (which would still be funky).

It sounds like it should be used for Subnautica, while you're deep underwater.

Anyway, if you have anything to be used in game, post them in collaboration! If you want, put them into one thread you can constantly update.

SyphenTV wrote:
Nice job, it sounds really nice. Sort of reminds me of Minecraft Music, for some reason. Sadly, the only place I could see this playing is on the menu (Which would be kinda funky), or ambiance during the game (which would still be funky).

It sounds like it should be used for Subnautica, while you're deep underwater.

Anyway, if you have anything to be used in game, post them in collaboration! If you want, put them into one thread you can constantly update.

if regalis likes what he hears im gonna make 10 more songs and post them next week.
Undertale Genocide Path:

(-_-) THE SMELL OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION

I honestly don't think it could be used in the game, it just doesn't really fit any of the existing locations.

However, I will admit, it would be nice as the Undertow Games theme song. I imagine when you start Subsurface up, you start to see the little triangular-diamond shape start to form (like a undertow wave) and the words "Undertow Games" start to fade in with a water-like filter put onto them, and then they finally stop moving and become static. If that makes any sense.

Good job though, it's a pretty calming track. :)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:I honestly don't think it could be used in the game, it just doesn't really fit any of the existing locations.

However, I will admit, it would be nice as the Undertow Games theme song. I imagine when you start Subsurface up, you start to see the little triangular-diamond shape start to form (like a undertow wave) and the words "Undertow Games" start to fade in with a water-like filter put onto them, and then they finally stop moving and become static. If that makes any sense.

Good job though, it's a pretty calming track. :)
well it is an underwater game right? I figured it would be good for a trailer or ambience. cause i can do some effects to make it more ambient while still being a song.
Undertale Genocide Path:

Cridone wrote:I honestly don't think it could be used in the game, it just doesn't really fit any of the existing locations.
SyphenTV wrote:It sounds like it should be used for Subnautica, while you're deep underwater.
I agree with these. It's a nice track, but I'd prefer something less calm and peaceful for Subsurface. It doesn't need to be as oppressive as the stuff in SCP-CB, but I'd see something a bit more suspenseful and dark more fitting for a game where you're constantly one mistake away from drowning or getting crushed by the miles of water above you.

I decided to try and edit the clip to illustrate what kind of stuff I'd find more fitting. The end result was better than I expected, it's somewhat suspenseful but the calming melody is still there to keep it from being too heavy. I don't mean that the music should consist of that sort of low, drone-ish humming entirely though, I just turned the pitch way down to get some bass in there and all the higher tones obviously disappeared...

Regalis wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:It sounds like it should be used for Subnautica, while you're deep underwater.
I agree with these. It's a nice track, but I'd prefer something less calm and peaceful for Subsurface. It doesn't need to be as oppressive as the stuff in SCP-CB, but I'd see something a bit more suspenseful and dark more fitting for a game where you're constantly one mistake away from drowning or getting crushed by the miles of water above you.

I decided to try and edit the clip to illustrate what kind of stuff I'd find more fitting. The end result was better than I expected, it's somewhat suspenseful but the calming melody is still there to keep it from being too heavy. I don't mean that the music should consist of that sort of low, drone-ish humming entirely though, I just turned the pitch way down to get some bass in there and all the higher tones obviously disappeared...

Actually Regalis, if you make the Submarine-maker thing a separate app like Containment Breaches map editor, could this possibly the background music while in the app?

SyphenTV wrote:
Regalis wrote:

Actually Regalis, if you make the Submarine-maker thing a separate app like Containment Breaches map editor, could this possibly the background music while in the app?
wait my version or his version?
Undertale Genocide Path: