Audio things I can provide

Well, uh. I've shown my voice acting capabilites, so if Subsurface needs any voices, I can provide some.

But I do have some musical abilities too - I have two acoustic guitars, one bass guitar & one electronic drumkit, so if Subsurface needs any music aswell, I can try making some. (I did make this a while ago. Would anything like that fit in the game?)

Keep in mind I've not even played the game yet, so I don't know that much about it... :L

Re: Audio things I can provide

At the moment there's no need for voice acting in subsurface (there probably wont be any voice acting at all), but I could sure use some more music!

I like the clip you posted, I think that kind of dark(ish), minimalistic and bass-heavy stuff would be very fitting for the game. Although, I'm not particularly fond of the sounds: I think the bass sounds kind of "plain" and the drums sound like unmixed default samples from some cheap drum module (almost reminds me of a Millenium MPS-100 I used to have). A tiny bit of distortion on the bass and mixing the drums way lower would probably already do wonders. Also, there was quite a bit of what I assume to be finger noises especially near the end of the clip.

Anyhow, with a little tweaking I think something like this would fit in the game nicely!

There's ten different presets on my drumkit (it's a Yamaha DTX 430K) and I unfortunately can't make my own preset because I need an Apple device and a special cable to change that. (What the heck, Yamaha.) Regardless, here's all the sounds it can make.

About the bass - cranking up the volume makes it fuzzier, if that's your thing. Of course, software can change it aswell - I had this neat application called Guitar FX Box with lots of stuff - but it ran out due to my download being a trial.

Even if the module doesn't have much samples or options to edit them, they could probably be improved a lot with good mixing and some filters. The fact that they sound electronic isn't really a problem, but rather that they sound like electronic samples pretending to be acoustic. Actually I think more synthetic drum samples would fit much better than acoustic-sounding ones; it's a scifi game after all, at least to some extent. Simplex by Kevin MacLeod which is currently used in the game is a nice example of the kind of sound I'd like to go for.

Alright, I came up with something. It's not quite what would fit in Subsurface, but it's here if it fits for anything. I'll keep working, though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6du ... cessed.ogg

EDIT: Paulstretched E string - more of a sound effect than music if it's not ambient music

EDIT 2: Here's something that's more considerable. It's a track inspired by Simplex. It's not good enough, though - the timing is off on some parts, and my drumkit isn't the best precision-wise. (damn hihat pedal...) It's loopable though. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/45y ... 0track.ogg

Regalis wrote:Even if the module doesn't have much samples or options to edit them, they could probably be improved a lot with good mixing and some filters. The fact that they sound electronic isn't really a problem, but rather that they sound like electronic samples pretending to be acoustic. Actually I think more synthetic drum samples would fit much better than acoustic-sounding ones; it's a scifi game after all, at least to some extent. Simplex by Kevin MacLeod which is currently used in the game is a nice example of the kind of sound I'd like to go for.
I can also provide some stuff, although I dont have much experience making music, not nearly as much as my brother.

He might be interested in it.
I am the man who is bored.

I am the boredman.