Divers class

Since there's special skills like Enginnering, Captain, Security Guard and Mechanic, I think there could be a Diver skill. Players with this skill could be able to use a special Underwater Seascooter/propulsion device which allows the player to swim much faster than swimming alone. The diver may also be experienced with underwater weaponary (such as the Spear gun), so this would mean the Captain of the ship would not need to be sent off the submarine and can still stay in the command room to monitor any creature movement.

The devices look something like this:
What do you guys think and what else could a Diver may have?

Re: Divers class

Cudowat wrote:On topic though, a diver class could for example aim better with tools underwater.
And hold their breath longer underwater. I like this idea and I've actually been planning on adding that sort of propulsion devices. Although, I'm not sure whether there should be a separate diver class, because divers aren't needed that often (at least not in the current version) and they might end up having nothing to do most of the time. It could be better if it was just a separate skill that isn't class specific, so you'd just send out the guy who happens to be a good diver, be it an engineer or a security officer.

Also, you might want to send out a security officer instead of the captain in the current version as they also have a high weapon skill.

Seems like a great idea

The only issue I have with it is that on traitor rounds, it's pretty easy as a target or traitor to just flood the sub and then take off swimming with like 5 oxygen tanks while everyone else dies

Diver would just facilitate that kind of thing, though I guess it could be balanced out by more competent sub design

Well, i personally would see an Diver class as the following: (If it is going to be added somewhen, which it probadly wont.)

Somebody who has shitty skills, except weaponry, where his skill his atleast at thirty (so he can use a spear gun without problems.) and has an special Diving suit, composed off two parts:

The mask, which has an small storage, which goes over his bag, where two oxygen tanks can be placed, so he can breath. Also it has an open visor, which closes when his face becomes submerged or there is no oxygen in the room, so he can wear it at dry land without wasting his oxygen tanks and suffocate out of nothing)

And the suit, which does hava one or two battery slots, which allow him to propel himself faster through the water. So basically an suit which has the same effect as the underwater scooter, even though it may be boost more or less than the scooter.

And obviously, both the mask and the suit , protect the diver from water pressure (if both parts are put on)
Hi,

I'm Frost.