Re: Reducing the amount of abyss (and other suggestions)

1. Increase the amount of fuel welders and cutters consume. One welding fuel tank almost always lasts you the entire round so there's always a shitton extra fuel laying around. Fire extinguishers kind of have the same problem too
- Yep, good idea
2. Increase the amount of time for oxygen generators to refill oxygen tanks. You can basically live forever with just two oxygen tanks and a working oxygen generator
- Eh, you don't want to discourage people from using them though rather than just taking new tanks. I say leave it as it is right now.
3. An enemy that aggressively tries to board the ship, maybe? Probably my favorite moments from this game are when there's a crawler in a room you need to access and people try to formulate plans to kill it.
- I haven't been playing the game too long but I've come across some kind of fish that has a human body that seems like it could attack players aggressively inside the ship if the AI wasn't bugged.
4. Either buff railguns or let people in multiplayer choose the mission type. Some subs really can't handle a Moloch while other subs would be best used against Molochs because they have like 5 railguns.
- Buff railguns I think. There was an idea about a sonar based aiming system in another thread, seemed like it could work.
5. Make artifact missions more dangerous. I remember one mission where there were a swarm of crawlers surrounding the artifact. That would be nice. Hell, maybe make the one of the artifacts attract the shit out of enemies or something?
- Yeah, decent idea.
6. More missions where the target is in a cavern the sub can't reach, shit like tiger threshers. These are also a lot of fun, organizing raiding parties and stuff like that
- So you have to go after it with divers? Yeah, sure, sounds interesting. But not until objective spawning is fixed, shit is still spawning inside walls atm.
7. Maybe a new mission where you have to clear out a "nest" of enemies like Crawlers or Mantises? You could add something like this in tandem with differing types of railgun shells like high explosive or something
- Maybe, although a bit specific
8. A mission kind of like sandbox where the goal is to reach the end, however the cavern you have to travel through is filled with nasty shit. Could name it "Supply mission" or something
- That's pretty much what most missions are right now, but sure.
9. Place more emphasis on mechanics and repairing, somehow. I think they should repair walls faster but I don't know if you would nerf other jobs' repairing speed in that case or not
- Yeah, although I'm not sure how you would do this. Repairing stuff is already pretty quick.
10. Levels should be more vertical in nature, having the level be a large \_____/ shape can be kind of boring after a while, putting some \__/\_/ kind of layouts could improve the piloting experience a lot
- I think levels should firstly have a bottom rather than the abyss for most of the map, not all of it. 50/50 sounds good, but I agree with map variation.