Creature mode

Currently, spectators and the dead don't have much to do. I'm suggesting an option that allows them to control Europas inhabitants, tasked with destroying the sub. SS13 allows you to spawn in as space carps, slimes, and what not. Perhaps allowing spectators to spawn in (or even control the creatures close to the sub) as crawlers, husks, mantises or even bigger creatures would be a good addition to the game.
The control feature is already there, right? All that is needed is to fix the biting on the creatures and give them a general sense of direction towards the sub.

Re: Creature mode

Would be a great idea but the sub direction would need to be limited to a radius, to stop it getting completely mobbed. It would be cool if the server could track wins and you "spend" a win on spawning a creature if you die, so 1 for a crawler, 2 for a husk and so on.

Yet if this would be added, if should be able to be toggled by the host so that he chooses who can Control or not. And it would be kinda overpowered in some occasions, when a player (WHO is much smarter than the actual inhabitants) controls something like a moloch And just "moloch-engines"/pushes the sub into the abyss.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:Yet if this would be added, if should be able to be toggled by the host so that he chooses who can Control or not. And it would be kinda overpowered in some occasions, when a player (WHO is much smarter than the actual inhabitants) controls something like a moloch And just "moloch-engines"/pushes the sub into the abyss.
Yeah it would need some sort of system to stop anyone to just spawn in as a Moloch. But then again (using the win-points idea) if it cost 5 wins or something, you could just loose all those from a single nuclear shell. Then again the danger is that the player would know where the blindspots were

The mobbing already happens with AIs. I doubt it would be a problem. I don't have any brilliant ideas with me about how the selection system should work, but for the time being, something random would be just fine, considering the developing state of the game. As in, a random roll for the creature you'd like to be. Husks, crawlers, mantises would be the highest chances to roll, and coelanths and endworms are only available in abyss. Perhaps later a more advanced system could be put in for this, with a victory point system, but for now, this could do.

That may work, but it should be restricted to dead people (it would seem weird if, out of nothing, the captain "dies" And is Controlling an Tiger thresher), and only "begin" when there is an specific number of players dead or spectating/had been connecting while the game was runnin. This number can be changed by the host. And the monsters the players can turn into can also be chosen by the host (to negate the risk of some troll rushing into the submarine as an endworm).
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Of course, restricted to dead people. Considering each servers player number is low, I believe the host can easily control it, and find evildoers (trolls). Doubt it'd be a problem, besides for afk hosts...and eitherway ; endworms are already there.

ok, good point. Also in case of the endworm: IF one player controls it, then the camera should be zoomed out alot. I mean, have you ever controlled an endworm? I did (singleplayer, of course) and i couldnt see anything the endwormss head was very big.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

sounds good, but it should just be limited to crawlers, husks and mantises, since tiger threshers, coelanths and molochs are way too dangerous, the spawn system could be simple, let's say you press the key to spawn (for example : ENTER), and you choose what you want to be, it could be like this :

Choose one monster

Crawler
Husk
Mantis

and when you die as the monster you picked, you have to wait 3 or 5 minutes to use it again.

All this should be controlled by the host of course, like in the settings thing :

Player controlled monsters : Yes No

it's pretty simple in my opinion.