Re: Smoke simulation and crawling

Smoke would be an interesting hazard but it'd require a totally separate system to ventilate. You could argue that the existing ventilation system handles it, and in the interests of simplifying gameplay it's a rather minor thing compared to other features. Overseer is right about the oxygen though: It's a compressed tube of air and it burns away too fast to matter. You'll get third degree burns before you suffocate if you're in the same compartment for that long.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Reinaert wrote:I love the crawling suggestion, there are some subs with very small 'hallways' meant to bring the water to the pumps, being able to crawl through them would be great if you want to hide or kill someone, unless the sub gets flooded haha
I'd love to see someone try to crawl through a bilge vent, then get trapped at the corner, whilst 2 men try to pull him out and also get trapped, shit would be fucking hilarious

Warhawk wrote:Smoke would be an interesting hazard but it'd require a totally separate system to ventilate. You could argue that the existing ventilation system handles it, and in the interests of simplifying gameplay it's a rather minor thing compared to other features. Overseer is right about the oxygen though: It's a compressed tube of air and it burns away too fast to matter. You'll get third degree burns before you suffocate if you're in the same compartment for that long.
they do not need to make everything complicated just at ground more air at ceiling less air
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

etet2 wrote:
Warhawk wrote:Smoke would be an interesting hazard but it'd require a totally separate system to ventilate. You could argue that the existing ventilation system handles it, and in the interests of simplifying gameplay it's a rather minor thing compared to other features. Overseer is right about the oxygen though: It's a compressed tube of air and it burns away too fast to matter. You'll get third degree burns before you suffocate if you're in the same compartment for that long.
they do not need to make everything complicated just at ground more air at ceiling less air
Would work, yet doesnt make any sense, as air doesnt "choose" where its volume is bigger. Also, fire takes up the air , starting from the ground spot. So yeah, crawling is like playing with fire at that point, as Warhawk stated.

BUT, if smoke is capable of "venturing" through the vents, it could get inside your room, and you gotta Crouch/crawl to breath.
Hi,

I'm Frost.