Re: Security/Traitor suggestions.

I don't get why you people think leg cuffs = falling over
They limit you to taking babysteps, and running just results in you falling over.

Also grenades sound like a really, really, really bad idea. Detonators atm can take out 2-3 people if you get them right, but you have to preemptively set it up, or lure someone towards it. With grenades you would just be able to throw them behind a wall or door, with no planning.

Taser's could also be balanced by making sec armor and diving suits invulnerable to it, and perhaps having clothes on adds a 5% resist chance (tasers not piercing through clothes is a massive problem for police)

The more full-blown weapons you put on board, especially ones which make no sense out in the water against actual targets, the further you push the game into an unplayable mosh pit of griefers, rendering the entire thing pointless and thereby driving away most potential players. Apparently common sense is at a premium so most can barely play at all, but when you empower griefers to find new ways of killing everyone even faster, it's hopeless. Honestly we're already at that stage, but because it's in alpha the real cost hasn't hit Regalis' wallet yet.

Would I love to blow away griefers with a revolver? Sure. But then again I'm not spawning into each and every match with a list of griefers to kill and a revolver at my hip, am I? Instead I'm given a boat, a map and a set of orders that I won't see come to fruition 19 times out of 20. Those are terrible odds and make for a joke of a game. Take an honest look at where so many of the players come from and ask yourself if this will break even on the market.

The need isn't for more tools, and certainly not more weapons. You can bloat the inventory until there's a CoD-style paintjob for every single object, but it won't make a bit of difference in the end. You have to change how people play this game, and that starts with the why. Who is this game being designed for? Either your audience is a small group of griefers and unsuspecting saps who burn a few dollars and then demand a refund from Steam, or it's a larger bunch of folks who don't want their time wasted and aren't going to settle for brainless AI. What happens when you remove all the bugs and people still call it "unplayable?"
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Warhawk wrote:snip
Should Regalis really decide if content should be in or not on the basis of what griefers could do with it?

You are right about everything else, most of the time people just get in the way, use up resources and end up damaging the ship instead of being any use, but I think that's because its a free to play game, so absolutely anybody can join if they want to.

I always wanted a revolver as a captain's only weapon to give him some resemblance of authority

Rick wrote:Should Regalis really decide if content should be in or not on the basis of what griefers could do with it?
To do otherwise is to ignore the downfall of many other indie games and torpedo what could possibly turn into his new career. Someone has to back him up from that standpoint. It's all fun and games until the game flops the moment it leaves beta because of feature creep and a lack of safeguards that keep the game playable for the paying majority. I don't want to see that happen to him or to this game. Sure, I can hide away in my clan and avoid all griefer problems, but there's a bigger picture here.

Regalis has an excess of imagination and talent. What he needs now is cold, hard facts and shrewd design. The alpha stage won't last forever.
Last edited by Warhawk on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

FawkesFTK wrote:
WarlordToby wrote:So basically you copied SS13 stuff? Great ideas.
How dumb are you? Regalis is already copying SS13 stuff. Take a look at the chemical selection some time.
First off, you are starting an argument there by calling others dumb. Second, yes he is. But think about it a bit. Regalis already knows SS13 stuff, this is much like a post-it note for him.