Remove headset as item, chat switch system, radio commands

Currently it's quite annoying to deal with it. Everyone places it in the inventory as when worn it rapidly decreases the charge of the battery, while in the inventory it doesn't get consumed over time and still works. For this gimmick, the only thing it does is wasting a slot. On the other side, the system of close range chat and radio global chat is interesting, and I suggest mantaining it without the headset. You could simply integrate it as part of the character's look, without using slots.

I also suggest adding a "channel switch" button, that switches between chat and radio. It's easier, simpler for new players, and faster as opposed to writing r; before anything you want to say.

Last but not least, there should be the ability to bind specific radio messages. Sometimes there is no time to type, and a bind to tell "I need medic!", "I need oxigen!", "Breach on my position!", and similar, can make the difference between success and the crew's death.

Re: Remove headset as item, chat switch system, radio commands

CapoFantasma97 wrote:Currently it's quite annoying to deal with it. Everyone places it in the inventory as when worn it rapidly decreases the charge of the battery, while in the inventory it doesn't get consumed over time and still works. For this gimmick, the only thing it does is wasting a slot. On the other side, the system of close range chat and radio global chat is interesting, and I suggest mantaining it without the headset. You could simply integrate it as part of the character's look, without using slots.

I also suggest adding a "channel switch" button, that switches between chat and radio. It's easier, simpler for new players, and faster as opposed to writing r; before anything you want to say.

Last but not least, there should be the ability to bind specific radio messages. Sometimes there is no time to type, and a bind to tell "I need medic!", "I need oxigen!", "Breach on my position!", and similar, can make the difference between success and the crew's death.
headset works without battery, kek
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect