Re: Introduce yourself thread

Hi, I just downloaded SCP CB, I registered on the forums because I encountered what I'm pretty sure is a bug and I'm trying to figure out either how to solve it or...maybe get around it.

I really, REALLY want to get into SCP-106's containment room, but every time I try to walk down the stairs, the screen goes instantly black. I can still see my hud, access my inventory, and run, but I don't go anywhere. I have the ultimate SNAV that shows no SCPs nearby (except when the black screen happens, when SCP 106 and SCP 895 briefly pop up on the SNAV and then vanish) and shows me moving around but not going more than 5ft in any direction. I'm wondering if I'm falling through the map or something, I tried reloading several times but it keeps happening.

Also, eff SCP 106, I hate that guy. And whatever the heck keeps ghosting the doors open, but I'm pretty sure that ISN'T a bug.

Hello, CommandoDude! You are correct that the doors are ghosting due to a game mechanic and not a bug. I have encountered your issue once before on a smaller scale... A door went black and would not allow me to move any further than five feet based on my S-Nav.... yet the Peripheral Jumper was capable of moving in the blackness. I ended up losing that save. I've found personally sometimes map seeds are bugged and you lose that save.

Hahaha, yes 106 can be an :REDACTED: sometimes. :106: Though 173 is my enemy. I don't mind 106 or 049 chasing me around. It's great to have you here though! It's a fun game, I'm certainly addicted. :geek:

The game is still being upkept (which is amazingly awesome) and there are still bugs in the system. You're always welcome to ask about anything else you don't understand! Enjoy the game and the site :P
There is no one like me, Doctor, *Chuckles* -Plague Doctor

My SCP: CB plays and SCP Readings!

Hello everyone!

I have also been lurking on the forums, for years now, watching the progress of SCP:CB (and other games people were inspirated from it to make). I had made an account on this forum, but I had forgotton the password, thus forever it a lost and forgotton profile. After that I had not really become intersted in SCP nor the forums at all, until Subsurface was developed on. When Subsurface was put into its first pre-alpha version, regalis had made a server. I could not think of a name, other than realistic ones, so I had used "TheOveseerOfAll". I then decided to partake in the forums again, but with an interest into Susurface, and make an account based on the first name I had given myself on Subsurface multiplayer. Annnnnnd yeah, thats how I got here.

Hello to everyone!

I`m a 31 year old Dutch gamer who`s also into LARP, metal (Black/Death/Thrash), MMA, horror movies/stories/videos and certain anime. And yes, i like to smoke the 420 too :laugh:

Anyway, i came across the SCP Wiki a few weeks ago while looking around the internet for indie Horror/Survival games. After reading thru a few SCP`s i went to search for the game and downloaded it to play it myself and I`m hooked ever since (despite the bugs and MAV`s). I normally played League of Legends (a MOBA game which i`m sure many of you heard of) on a daily basis, but now it`s SCP:CB 8)

I really love this game and the lore it is based on. It`s awesome to see that there is also initivative/motivation by other people to make a movie adaptation.

The game... is simply awesome and great. And there is alot of good potential to become something big still, which i hope it will truly become! :)
Last edited by SCP-Draconist on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hello everyone!

I'm ██ years old and I live in Minsk, Belarus. Knowledge of English is lame (what you write I understand, but hard to write) :)
I am passionate about SCP CB with version 0.2. I'm a very big fan of SCP, love to do (fan) rooms for the game and even became a participant in the development of one modification. But I dream of the day when they will add to the original game...
Also I (was) a musician, did ambients for one game and I also wrote the music for myself (not for sale)

Hello! I have been playing SCP:CB since around version 0.7.2, it was the first horror game I ever played, and really got me into the likes of other horror games. I also *try* to make entertaining videos when new versions of the game comes out.

What I like about the SCP game is that it is not just a jumpscare only fest. The ambiance and horror of areas such as SCP-860 and the facility itself are very interesting, as well as the random layout of each play-through making it a game I've come back to throughout the years, compared to industry games that just leave me going "meh".

Realised while typing this, that I have done more about praising the game than introducing myself, but I thought that this would be a good place to leave a message. I would like to thank all of the developers on this game for making such a memorable experience and continuing to support the game 'til this day. :)

As for myself? I just like to try out any game really, with my favourites being horror games, exploration games and first person shooters, with some mentions being Team Fortress 2, Minecraft and (what else) SCP:CB. I generally spend longer in a few games rather than play loads and loads, but trying something new doesn't hurt.

I am also hoping to work as a game designer in the future, so I am currently making a bunch of test games for people to try out, maybe one day I could be a part of something like this, who knows?

Well, that about wraps it up, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go bury my head in a pillow because I just remember the first time this game introduced me to the femur breaker.

Well then, seeing as I can't start any threads to ask questions. I guess I'll just have to introduce myself here.

Hello all, My name is :REDACTED: from the state of :EXPUNGED: who really enjoys SCP lore and Containment Breach.

Recently I was having a really odd issue of not being able to install the latest version of SCP:CB after installing Windows 10 fresh on this rig. It was a real big melt down and I lost everything. So I started this account to ask a question.

Well, I figured out that Google Chrome was the issue and downloaded using edge instead. Now this account is not needed but i still want to make my self know and be active.

Lets see what else. I am a hobbyist Unity Game Developer as a one man game studio. Can I even call myself that? Working on my own SCP based game. It was started before I discovered that SCP:CB existed. I am however on a bit of a hiatus for the moment while I study more on C# and a few more of the Unity Game engines features.

Don't worry, I can't compete with SCP:CB nor do I want to copy it other then the Blinking Feature. That was very clever, and I am going to steal it and make a few tweaks, IE you don't start blinking until a line of sight based SCP is near or seen.

What else? I am a disabled guy after being hit by a SUV while walking to the bus going to work. I'm much better now. But to keep sane I need Stuff to do like make games and terrorize myself when ever possible.

I hope thats enough guy.

Later and I hope to talk with you all very soon.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."