Re: SCP Suggestions General

FUN FACTZ: cain and able were the sons of adam and eve in the bible, god liked abel, cain got jealous and killed able, god got mad and made him reflect damage but still feel pain. That is where 076 and 073 came from.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

The thing is that suggested scp's should be the nightmare fuel ones first, I think Cain and able aren't really suitable right now in-game. Perhaps at a much later date.

We could include his cube in one of the rooms. A cameo since he's every newfag's favrit omg super saiyan anime weaboo scp.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Dr. Maruss wrote:Gonna vote no on Cain and Able.

Able's been suggested before, it would be like letting 682 wander around. There's no way to hurt anything, so Cain would be a waste. Also, having anything talk to you would ruin the isolation part of the game. You're supposed to be completely alone.
I find that the concept of the game is to contain all the scps back and get out of there. And yes, something can be hurt in the game. You. So if Cain could be useful for anything it would be helping you survive by taking all the bullets from MTFs.
Dr. Maruss wrote:Gonna vote no on Cain and Able.

Able's been suggested before, it would be like letting 682 wander around. There's no way to hurt anything, so Cain would be a waste. Also, having anything talk to you would ruin the isolation part of the game. You're supposed to be completely alone.
You do realize Able is a mere human, he can be killed and he doesn't show any sign of reaching incredible speed or magical pathfinding skills, so escaping him would be really easy.
Last edited by OnyxDarkKnight on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destructoid wrote:We could include his cube in one of the rooms. A cameo since he's every newfag's favrit omg super saiyan anime weaboo scp.

not mine, I don't even like them.

OnyxDarkKnight wrote:I find that the concept of the game is to contain all the scps back and get out of there. And yes, something can be hurt in the game. You. So if Cain could be useful for anything it would be helping you survive by taking all the bullets from MTFs.
The prospect of having a companion to assist the player has been discussed before, and we reached the conclusion that it would detract from the atmosphere and sense of dread and loneliness the game is trying to create.
OnyxDarkKnight wrote:You do realize Able is a mere human, he can be killed and he doesn't show any sign of reaching incredible speed or magical pathfinding skills, so escaping him would be really easy.
No, Able is not a 'mere human'. His strength, toughness, speed and reflexes vastly outstrip a regular guy, especially our little Class D. There's also the matter of him having the ability to generate bladed weapons from nowhere, which are big and sharp enough to completely bypass the metal doors in the Foundation site. Unlike 096 (who is arguably as dangerous), Able can kill whenever he feels like it and his rampages tend to be long and bloody. Yes he can be killed, but it takes three times the amount of gunfire the MTFs are packing.

I don't really care much for Able myself, I vote 'no' on his inclusion as a regular hostile encounter like 106 and 173.

I also say that they shouldn't be in the game. Here is why:
1. Able will add nothing new. He will be just something that attacks you whenever he sees you. We already have 106 which does that and more, as well as the MTF.
2. You will NOT escape him easily. He is faster than you, stronger and has more reflexes. The facility in-game isn't made for that, since it is mostly corridors with no where to hide, and many are dead ends.
3. Cain will also do little, aside from helping you, which would take a lot of the horror away from the game.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

I also vote no on Cain and Able.

However, something that I think will add something new (it's been suggested before) 718. They would draw your attention like the monitor in 895. After several seconds, you would have to destroy them with a knife on an exterior shelf. 173 would not be able to move near them, because they would also watch 173 (they don't blink).

After you destroy them/it, you wouldn't notice anything. That's where the mind fuck element would start. If you turn the game on 24 hours later, your vision would be fragmented (1 for each one destroyed), and at weird angles, with your own, still-blinking vision in the middle (each one would be full-screen, but smaller, rather than cropped). The rest would never blink, effectively stopping 173 (of course, there'd be a blind spot so if you turned your back to him it'd still get you.) You could take them off with the knife you destroyed them with, getting your normal vision back, but allowing 173 full reign again.

I have a few other details in question. Maybe you don't have to kill them, or at least not all of them, like maybe you can try to walk away, it just pulls you a little towards it and has your attention, until you get very far away from it (like 895 with a bit more range.) Maybe the longer you look without killing your screen gets redder and/or blurrier fading a long time after it releases your attention. Maybe there doesn't have to be 82.

Of course, this idea is open to suggestions and/or being vetoed, but it'd be cool to have at least some feedback. If I was confusing at part of this, feel free to ask questions.

EDIT: Oh, hey, I just voted against Cain and Able right before this. That's awkward.
Last edited by Dr. Maruss on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Maruss wrote:I also vote no on Cain and Able.

However, something that I think will add something new (it's been suggested before) 718. They would draw your attention like the monitor in 895. After several seconds, you would have to destroy them with a knife on an exterior shelf. 173 would not be able to move near them, because they would also watch 173 (they don't blink).

After you destroy them/it, you wouldn't notice anything. That's where the mind fuck element would start. If you turn the game on 24 hours later, your vision would be fragmented (1 for each one destroyed), and at weird angles, with your own, still-blinking vision in the middle (each one would be full-screen, but smaller, rather than cropped). The rest would never blink, effectively stopping 173 (of course, there'd be a blind spot so if you turned your back to him it'd still get you.) You could take them off with the knife you destroyed them with, getting your normal vision back, but allowing 173 full reign again.

I have a few other details in question. Maybe you don't have to kill them, or at least not all of them, like maybe you can try to walk away, it just pulls you a little towards it and has your attention, until you get very far away from it (like 895 with a bit more range.) Maybe the longer you look without killing your screen gets redder and/or blurrier fading a long time after it releases your attention. Maybe there doesn't have to be 82.

Of course, this idea is open to suggestions and/or being vetoed, but it'd be cool to have at least some feedback. If I was confusing at part of this, feel free to ask questions.
There are a few problem with your idea.
1. There are no weapons, so you wouldn't be able to destroy them. No, knifes won't be added either.
2. The 24 hours idea is bad. I don't think that something should affect the game a day later, if something has an effect it should affect the PLAYER, and not the game, and it should be on the same session in which you are playing. It would be weird to have a new character under the effects of an SCP it has never come in contact with.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Tomgrakk wrote:I agree that 1048-B was just repulsive, and maybe not too much of a threat (it's creation was more traumatic than the creature itself), but it's implied that 1048-C was both violent and fast. It was easily able to outrun/outmaneuver the Foundation personnel pursuing it and just bored straight through any living thing it encountered. If 1048 is to be included in the game at all, it should probably be a non-canon duplicate (As Doctor Carver stated on the document, they have no idea how many of the things are out there).

A 1048 built out of anomalous ducks! Make it happen.
I like 1048, one of my favorites. I think it could make an appearance in game.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!