Re: SCP Suggestions General

spartan322 wrote: There are a few problem with your idea.
1. There are no weapons, so you wouldn't be able to destroy them. No, knifes won't be added either.
2. The 24 hours idea is bad. I don't think that something should affect the game a day later, if something has an effect it should affect the PLAYER, and not the game, and it should be on the same session in which you are playing. It would be weird to have a new character under the effects of an SCP it has never come in contact with.
I mean, realistically, a little scalpel would be kept in their chamber for testing, and it's not going to do anything against any other SCP or the MTF.

I don't get the part about affecting the player, not the game? It is affecting the player... it's making him grow eyes... I guess, technically, it would be cannon to have them kill you after a while if you don't take them off.

But the 24 hours I think would be a great idea. You just turn it off and then load the saved game and boom, your vision's messed up. It wouldn't be another character, it would be on that save file (meaning that it wouldn't do anything if you play it in Keter). I mean, if you wanted, it could happen after just a few minutes, but I think the idea of SCP mindfucking you is better, personally.

Dr. Maruss wrote:
spartan322 wrote: There are a few problem with your idea.
1. There are no weapons, so you wouldn't be able to destroy them. No, knifes won't be added either.
2. The 24 hours idea is bad. I don't think that something should affect the game a day later, if something has an effect it should affect the PLAYER, and not the game, and it should be on the same session in which you are playing. It would be weird to have a new character under the effects of an SCP it has never come in contact with.
I mean, realistically, a little scalpel would be kept in their chamber for testing, and it's not going to do anything against any other SCP or the MTF.

I don't get the part about affecting the player, not the game? It is affecting the player... it's making him grow eyes... I guess, technically, it would be cannon to have them kill you after a while if you don't take them off.

But the 24 hours I think would be a great idea. You just turn it off and then load the saved game and boom, your vision's messed up. It wouldn't be another character, it would be on that save file (meaning that it wouldn't do anything if you play it in Keter). I mean, if you wanted, it could happen after just a few minutes, but I think the idea of SCP mindfucking you is better, personally.
You know, it would be cool if the game did some weird stuff, as in outside the actual playthrough, to make it seems sentient or living. It would be a cool addition.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote: You know, it would be cool if the game did some weird stuff, as in outside the actual playthrough, to make it seems sentient or living. It would be a cool addition.
What if the game is an SCP? :O

No, but in all seriousness, that's why I like the idea. It doesn't necessarily have to be 718, that's just the first thing I thought of. I just think if the game could mess with you to a degree that's not jumpscares and atmosphere, that'd be cool. Like Psycho mantis moving your controller and reading your memory card and killing the forth wall. Something like that.

Dr. Maruss wrote:
spartan322 wrote: You know, it would be cool if the game did some weird stuff, as in outside the actual playthrough, to make it seems sentient or living. It would be a cool addition.
What if the game is an SCP? :O

No, but in all seriousness, that's why I like the idea. It doesn't necessarily have to be 718, that's just the first thing I thought of. I just think if the game could mess with you to a degree that's not jumpscares and atmosphere, that'd be cool. Like Psycho mantis moving your controller and reading your memory card and killing the forth wall. Something like that.
No, no, I was thinking the same. What if the game was an SCP (it could be made into a joke SCP) but think about it. If the game had some werd stuff with it, then it would be much cooler. You would be playing an SCP game, while the game itself acts as if it were one SCP. The only thing needed is a way for it to act weird, without messing the computer.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

I've got an idea for an SCP to include, and it's a super-popular one; SCP-1981, or "RONALD REAGAN CUT UP WHILE TALKING".

The D-Class could be walking around the site and stumble upon its containment room, inside of which is an old television, a stack of tapes, a video recorder, etc. On the screen 1981 would be playing and show the standard freaky crap the SCP is known for, probably flickering between the cut-up Reagan and SCP-1981-1 while the mangled speech can be heard in the background. It wouldn't serve any significant purpose other than to creep people out, and it could serve as a kind of 'fanservice' easter egg as pretty much everyone knows and loves 1981.

Tomgrakk wrote:I've got an idea for an SCP to include, and it's a super-popular one; SCP-1981, or "RONALD REAGAN CUT UP WHILE TALKING".

The D-Class could be walking around the site and stumble upon its containment room, inside of which is an old television, a stack of tapes, a video recorder, etc. On the screen 1981 would be playing and show the standard freaky crap the SCP is known for, probably flickering between the cut-up Reagan and SCP-1981-1 while the mangled speech can be heard in the background. It wouldn't serve any significant purpose other than to creep people out, and it could serve as a kind of 'fanservice' easter egg as pretty much everyone knows and loves 1981.
I think making people be creeped out is a good excuse to put an SCP. I agree, this one would be a nice addition.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Ahh 718, yes about that. No weapon needed to make the eyeball explode on you, just look at it for maybe 10 seconds(the pull should be stronger than 895 because if i remember correctly, peolpe have to be taked out of its cell by force) and your player 'hits' the eye ball and it sperts on ya, I mean its a eye ball....its fragile.

And GOOD idea on the strange camera angle thing. The spot or spots that a new eye ball grows(clothing protect you?) gets on you should be random. After you hit it, the player is i guess satisfied and the pull is gone and you can leave. Just put one of the eye balls in the room, we dont need to make it more complicated then it should have to be(no 78 eye balls)
The growth happens after 24th so, so MAYBE it exploding on you makes you pass out? you awake and you find a blurry new point of view and maybe after a minute it clarifies itself.

718 chamber should be pretty safe, i am sure 173 is smart enough to stay away from that room to keep from being trapped forever.
I'm bad at keeping my emotions bubbled and end up being perfect. It would have been trouble.

OnyxDarkKnight wrote:
Dr. Maruss wrote:Gonna vote no on Cain and Able.

Able's been suggested before, it would be like letting 682 wander around. There's no way to hurt anything, so Cain would be a waste. Also, having anything talk to you would ruin the isolation part of the game. You're supposed to be completely alone.
I find that the concept of the game is to contain all the scps back and get out of there. And yes, something can be hurt in the game. You. So if Cain could be useful for anything it would be helping you survive by taking all the bullets from MTFs.
Dr. Maruss wrote:Gonna vote no on Cain and Able.

Able's been suggested before, it would be like letting 682 wander around. There's no way to hurt anything, so Cain would be a waste. Also, having anything talk to you would ruin the isolation part of the game. You're supposed to be completely alone.
You do realize Able is a mere human, he can be killed and he doesn't show any sign of reaching incredible speed or magical pathfinding skills, so escaping him would be really easy.
There has been talk of survivors already, like other D-Class and doctors. MTFs (even though not fabulously) already can communicate with each other and yell at you. You must also consider the game hasn't even reached beta phase, there will be so much more in the future :3
Your Friendly Neighborhood Motivator

God is Love
(Look me up on Soundcloud! ^-^ https://soundcloud.com/officialconduit )