Razer Hydra support

What if the Razer Hydra was useable in this game?

You would have arms, and if you got near an item, and hit a button, you would grab it.
Simple, right?

I would see it.

(Also, Oculus Rift support plz)
(Also, better animations plz)
(Also...just kidding.)

Be cool, right?

Re: Razer Hydra support

REASONS THIS WON'T WORK FOR SHIT:
1: The engine is ten years old. It cannot support shit.
2: Most of the conversions to other engines are progressing slowly and will not be done for a LONG time.
3: If oculus rift support WAS added, there would be a whole new meaning to "shitting bricks".

Got it? Good.

MrGuilkeyFace wrote:REASONS THIS WON'T WORK FOR SHIT:
2: Most of the conversions to other engines are progressing slowly and will not be done for a LONG time.
3: If oculus rift support WAS added, there would be a whole new meaning to "shitting bricks".

Got it? Good.
Actually I think it would be possible to add Razer Hydra support with DLLs. There's also a Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D, although it doesn't support head tracking (yet?).

mrpeanut188 wrote:
Regalis wrote:There's also a Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D, although it doesn't support head tracking (yet?).
Yep, there it is. Oculus Rift's head-tracking is only for rift, so it's not very simple to implement. 3D is industry wide and easy to implement, so it is easy.
Come say that to my face!

Seriously though, the BlitzRift linked by Regalis is not a library. It's an example code, which means we have to manually filter out the unnecessary parts. Whenever I attempt to port it, upon initializing the function "InitWarpRender", it either spews a black screen or does nothing.

EDIT: In regards to headtracking, it's not a big deal. I've tried the Oculus on a demo where you hold an X360 controller in your left hand, and strafe using the left analog stick. The head is bound to the mouse, and so by standing and rotating your body, you can move. The only downsides are:
1) Running makes your body confused, so running is bad for noobies..
2) Turning to run would be more difficult, so outrunning 096 would suck.

Prune tried the same demo I did and I'm sure he'd concur.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

hug0905 wrote:Wrong section dude, move it to the Callabration fourm next time.
Oh, okay.

Got it? Good.
Dont be so harsh mate.

Catmality wrote:

Got it? Good.
Dont be so harsh mate.
Especially don't be so harsh when one of your statements is false :)
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile