Item suggestion: Photography

This is just a little idea, but... Hear me out.

I had a thought one night of maybe including a digital camera which can be picked up, I hadn't thought of many uses for it, though I had the idea of putting in images that had been taken in the past and saved onto the camera for the player to flick through.

Depending on where you found the camera, it will also provide a risk of daring the player to look at the pictures saved. An example would be if the camera was on the ground in a pool of blood and a dismembered corpse, would you dare risk maybe looking at a picture of SCP 096's face taken before the attack? After all, even a single glance means it's too late.

This could trigger an event where maybe after 60 seconds, a loud scream could be heard in the distance (or even trigger SPC 096 if you happen to be in the same room), and he could attack you at any moment and from any direction, giving you very little time to react and a jump scare to be surprised by when it finally catches up.

I'm still thinking on ways to improve this idea unless anybody has ideas for a positive use for a digital camera, maybe pictures of documents with keypad codes on them or just generally contained SCPs before it all fell apart.

Re: Item suggestion: Photography

While the idea is good and we need this sort of butter--

Ignore that, someone on Steam said butter just as i was typing (being serious here), ok, *clears throat*

While the idea is good and we need this sort of item in the game, the mechanic of "finding a photo of SCP-096's face in some random spot" has been suggested too many times and has been met with dissaproval due to it being unfair.

Although, i do like the idea of a camera! It could be able to take screenshots of the game so instead of having to press a screenshot button on the keyboard, you have to pick up the camera.

Maybe you could even trigger a different ending with it by taking photos of SCP chambers and this way the Foundation would possibly be pissed off and try to hunt you, meanwhile the Insurgency may try to save you from them as you got possibly vital info about them.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Re: Item suggestion: Photography

Maybe there is a class-D who looks at the photography in one room, that we can obviously see him doing. Once that room is "triggered", later maybe we hear 096 or SEE him pass you (if you stand in his way you'll be pushed so it's not unfair you die of unfair surprise). We might not need to see the class-D all torn apart, since the room with that guard introduces that, just the feeling of having scp-096 roaming freely around killing others too. (AND to prevent us from seeing his face, while 096 is running he can be covering his face).

Or not. But I like this photo/camera idea.