Re: Dev Topic #4

Juicy wrote:You know too much to let them get you. You're coming with us.
How does this quote justify your claim at all? Why the hell would the defensless Class-D have a higher survivor chance then the people who actually work at the facility and know the escape routes. Also, judging by the radio broadcasts Dr. Harp makes it out, so that's one other person.
Last edited by CommanderMark on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-9341 isn't special in any way, or is more suited to surviving such a scenario than any other person, but that's not particularly relevant in how 990 seems to choose people to speak to. If SCP-990 only spoke to people who had a higher chance of surviving or those of special interest, he'd probably be noted to only speaking to Site Directors, Administrators, O5, etc. A random D-Class would be a wild card, someone that wouldn't normally survive in such a situation, but with the right information, might be able to change that. I don't really see anything flawed in 990 giving a random person a second chance they wouldn't have been offered.

That said, I think 990's inclusion is good where it is. We don't really need an extended dream sequence, the slightly meta concept of the loading screen being D-9341 in his subconscious is nice and simple, without forcing cutscenes onto the player.
It slep time bunner.

http://youtu.be/0KmAvCiG2t4?t=11s

The SCP-990 dream sequence is sooooo Half-Life 1/2 Gman based. Like Omniary mentioneddirtyratI like the subtle picture of 990 on the loading screen that's basically been there for the game since the beginning. I however DO, like the dream sequence, maybe it could be a strange dark world with random pictures and symbols and a short/subtle tutorial for the player to crouch, pick up items and maybe solve a basic puzzle. Then they wake up in the cell.

But rethinking that idea, I even more like the concept of SCP:CB being a learning experience without a proper tutorial (You're only told how to save and pick up a piece of paper, that's it, very vague, no specific instructions on how to escape, hide, bandage yourself etc). That kind of makes it awesome like a true survival horror, or game like Dwarf Fortress (you need to source help from other users, youtube videos, forums, etc to figure out the game!)
Last edited by Mirocaine on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juicy wrote:You guys made good points but I still think that a very short scene with our (literally) old friend wouldn't hurt anyone. It's up to Regalis to decide anyway, it also could have been included in the game long time ago so I guess he's just not interested.

Edited.
I REALLY hope that something like that gets added eventually. The intro really could do with stretching out more, to build tension.

Prune wrote:
Omniary wrote:ajkfakjafj, the suspense is killing me.
What is the meaning of this super-mega-ultra-uber secret sound file?! I hear people speaking in the background...
I don't think that was any ordinary speech...

After listening to it again, it sounds like fire cackling, meaning SCP-457 has been added to the game... Or SCP-682, because the hissing-esque noises come from "Six Eight Two: The Game". OR it could be some other SCP, or it could be nothing at all, or it could be-

AAAH, TOO MUCH HYPE!