Re: SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake!

SyphenTV wrote:
yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think UDK is a lot easier to use than blitz3d seriously. also, UDK has a better quality than blitz 3d

A Game is NOT about Graphical quality. It's about the Story, and gameplay. If you judge games on how they look, that's pathetic.

Look at Half-Life, or Hitman: Codename 47! They don't look that swell, but they're fun!
I'm currently doing a blind playthrough of Half Life 1, and i'm loving it! When it comes to horror games I actually prefer lower graphics, because it adds more of a 'What the hell even is that thing' when something is attacking. Good graphics are fine, but as you say, it's all about the story and gameplay in the end!

SyphenTV wrote:
yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think UDK is a lot easier to use than blitz3d seriously. also, UDK has a better quality than blitz 3d

A Game is NOT about Graphical quality. It's about the Story, and gameplay. If you judge games on how they look, that's pathetic.

Look at Half-Life, or Hitman: Codename 47! They don't look that swell, but they're fun!
What?...

Firstly, just because yonzo mentioned that UDK can achieve better visuals than B3D, it doesn't mean he's ignoring the gameplay/story. Secondly, it's perfectly fine to judge games based on how they look - any game review website has a graphics category. It's only wrong to judge games purely on how they look.

B3D is starting to have very noticeable graphics bottlenecks - and don't forget Reg' needed to extend B3D with FastExtension to enable bumpmapping, blur and other features.

Moral of the story: Don't go after straw men.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.

Hakkla wrote: What?...

Firstly, just because yonzo mentioned that UDK can achieve better visuals than B3D, it doesn't mean he's ignoring the gameplay/story. Secondly, it's perfectly fine to judge games based on how they look - any game review website has a graphics category. It's only wrong to judge games purely on how they look.

B3D is starting to have very noticeable graphics bottlenecks - and don't forget Reg' needed to extend B3D with FastExtension to enable bumpmapping, blur and other features.

Moral of the story: Don't go after straw men.
"It's only wrong to judge games purely on how they look."

Which is the moral of what I said, and that you didn't need to go on a rant about.
Dmitriy-Bars wrote:So, if your Unity version is still in development, will you port it on tablets and smartphones (Android, iOS)? I heard that some players want this.
That's up to the developer, and it also depends if he has permission to upload it to the App store and such, and whether Unity has the option to do that.

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Alphive wrote:Guys i can not create subject in General Discussions so i ask you here sorry :(

In SCP:CB in the ending, the door can not be open, why ? (it opens and close just after)
Thank you and sorry again for the ask :)
If you're referring to Gate A, you need to deactivate the remote door control system in the electrical center.
And If you're referring to Gate B, talk to 079 after doing (above).
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Dmitriy-Bars wrote:So, if your Unity version is still in development, will you port it on tablets and smartphones (Android, iOS)? I heard that some players want this. :doubt:
I want that - I don't just want to play it, I want to port it. I am already a mobile Unity dev, and I know how to optimize a game for mobile devices (Tex atlases, limited render distance w/ fog, compression, etc). I also have good controls (like Modern Combat, Dead Trigger, etc).

@danielmus

I would be VERY proud If I could port it to Android (and later iOS). Please tell me what you think about this idea. Of course, this can wait till the game is done.

EDIT:
You know that the game and its assets are open-source?

SlanDev wrote:
Dmitriy-Bars wrote:So, if your Unity version is still in development, will you port it on tablets and smartphones (Android, iOS)? I heard that some players want this. :doubt:
I want that - I don't just want to play it, I want to port it. I am already a mobile Unity dev, and I know how to optimize a game for mobile devices (Tex atlases, limited render distance w/ fog, compression, etc). I also have good controls (like Modern Combat, Dead Trigger, etc).

@danielmus

I would be VERY proud If I could port it to Android (and later iOS). Please tell me what you think about this idea. Of course, this can wait till the game is done.

EDIT:
You know that the game and its assets are open-source?
SCP-087-B Barely works on Android. I can only imagine Containment Breach.
On Blitz3d.
Also, there have been roughly 2-3 people who've attempted this before you. I'd seriously only say you're going to do it if you're positive you can.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.