Re: New gameplay mechanic?

Personally, I'm against the idea of a sanity meter. I don't see how it improves the gameplay in any way.
Arlight, of course there are actual SCPs that will damage your sanity. But having a general meter that goes up and down would just not be my kinda thing.

Besides, just a while ago I remember so many of you going "Oh thank goodness they removed that sanity-meter in A Machine for Pigs! It hardly served any purpose in the old Amnesia!"
If anything it'd just annoy people after a short amount of playtime and then they'd try to turn it back off.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

IKnowRight wrote:How about a sub-menu in options called "Extra Challenge Options" where you can toggle various things such as:
Fast Larry
Less Health
Slower player
Shorter Blink time

I actually love those challenges. Although some would have to be fine-tuned of course. But very nice ideas!

I am just not really into Sanity meters since Eternal Darkness. That game really messed with your head, and I thoroughly enjoyed that.
But many games that followed would make player-sanity just a pain and eventually I gave up on them.

Although I have to say, Call of Cthulhu was interesting as your character was scared of heights and it would show whenever you'd start climbing and then looked down.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:Personally, I'm against the idea of a sanity meter. I don't see how it improves the gameplay in any way.
Arlight, of course there are actual SCPs that will damage your sanity. But having a general meter that goes up and down would just not be my kinda thing.
I agree. But what if they'd made it similar to the health system that's already in game. That would, in my opinion, provide the best of both worlds.
I'll go Nightmare Moon on your ass!

Omniary wrote:
Glitch wrote:Now if only the Oculus had a method of detecting whether or not you're blinking.
Containment Breach immersion= 100%.

It would actually be a lot more difficult to play as well, since you legitimately have to worry about keeping your eyes open. But, think about it, actually blinking and seeing 173 moving? Terrifying.
Maybe it could detect the white of your eyes, And when the connection is interrupted you blink In-game(i.e. You blink IRL.)

That would be a semi-feasible way of detecting blinking. I forward this idea for v.1 or anytime in beta.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card