Re: SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake!

Theimperfectbeing wrote:Looks great!

I know for a fact Unity can support procedural generation, so you might want to look into how to pull it off first.
Thank you! Oh yeah definitely, it's just as mentioned earlier i'm not great, I managed to find a basic script for it and it works okay so i'll probably work off of that and see what I end up with! :D

Cridone wrote:Just a little suggestion, but one thing that bugged me about the area in the intro with the room with the two tunnels on the sides is that they would intersect with the door you go through after the breach, so I was wondering if you could make that door lead to the tunnel room and then after that the random generation starts?
Some silly little sketch:
Spoiler
Took me a few minutes but I fully understand! I've been messing with random generation all day and I'm afraid I don't think it will be possible in this :c But I will try and make a way to have a huge map without lag so that it at least has a lot to explore!

Excellent suggestion! I'll definitely add that as a thing even if I don't have random gen! :) Thank you very much!

Alpha 0.0.55a Video is now up!

[youtube]geFyEQsCRSs[/youtube]

Basically i've completed the first guards 'idle' animation, and added my own version of the audio during the intro! You can also see that guy driving the little cart. :3
Also there's that new room but it's still under construction!

COMING UP:
*Workers! :D
*More Ambience!

TheHoongs wrote:I would like to comment the weird head-bobbing

It made me feel like the very first alpha of CB
What do you mean by that? (It's been years since I last played the 0.1 version D:)

I'm trying to get the up-to-date side to side kinda bob but i'm still working on it! :D

EDIT: Just played both the early alpha and 1.0.6, can confirm, bobbing needs fixing in my one XD

It was mainly just a placeholder while I got everything else going anyways, thanks for the point-out! :D
Last edited by danielmus on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielmus wrote:
TheHoongs wrote:I would like to comment the weird head-bobbing

It made me feel like the very first alpha of CB
What do you mean by that? (It's been years since I last played the 0.1 version D:)

I'm trying to get the up-to-date side to side kinda bob but i'm still working on it! :D

EDIT: Just played both the early alpha and 1.0.6, can confirm, bobbing needs fixing in my one XD

It was mainly just a placeholder while I got everything else going anyways, thanks for the point-out! :D
No, the head bobbing doesn't really need change, just make it a little faster. It looks more realistic then what it is today. I mean, you know the "up-to-date" hurt head bob in the game? Punch yourself in the knee in real-life, then shake your head side to side fast and walk. Have a friend in the room too, and ask him how that looked, bobbing your head like that. Looks ridiculous, doesn't it? Like I said, I reccomend you keep the head bob what it is, but make it bob a little faster. For me, when I was making my game (Now scrapped), walk across a room in real life. Bob your head up and down normal. While walking, look at the sides of your vision, up-down, left-right. Then try to copy that into this. I am not commanding, though. You can do whatever the hell you want. I was just recommending that the Head bob is fine as it is, though just make it a little faster!

Looks great though, love the lighting effects.