Re: Chaos Insurgency vs MTFs

There's no doubt all the MTFs gotta be against the player, there just has to be major AI changes as well as spawning changes. What I do think would be cool was some Chaos Insurgency terrorist in the facility that could temporarily help you. Maybe he could even kill an MTF (gunfight scene)?

People are gonna argue against this gameplay mechanic for the reason that there is no guarantee the player would follow the terrorist. Heck, I would definitely run away from some armor-clad freak in a gas mask with a gruff voice. But here is a cool solution: have the guy hit you with a sedative dart. You disorientedly wake up in a room with the dude, and he forcibly asks for your assistance with his terrorist-plans in the facility. Ultimately, you could have the terrorist whisper to one of his cohorts something like "We're done with him, let's finish him off after the next corner!" That would keep the horror element alive (for those who think a "friend" in the game would take away from the scariness).
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

There's also the option of the Chaos Insurgency infiltrator forcing you to come with him, so his organization can torture all the information out of you later. You were one of the very few survivors who experienced the whole containment breach from the very beginning after all. And simply a D-class, i.e. not even trained in keeping your mouth shut during torture sessions. So you can be a valuable asset to them, one which he'll have to defend against the MTFs at least (He probably won't know too much about the SCPs in the facility, so he might not be able to fight them off very well). The infiltrator won't really be a friend to you, since the moment you do something your own way he'll think it's better to kill you, plus he'll force you to follow him all the way - even if that means walking right into a death trap. To make it more ominous, he could be a sadist, always reminding you of the tortures that await you (and of course the most painful way to kill you if you should not comply to him (and from what I've read about gunshots, that seems to be a shot in the stomach, since it'll take you 20 min. to die while you'll be digesting yourself on the inside)).

Also, to ensure he'll be "helping" you temporarily, make him die sometime. Which could always happen by an SCP, as a way of introducing a new one to the player? That can only happen if he really doesn't know too much about the SCPs present in the facility of course, but I assume that to be the case since he's part of the CI and should be infiltrating the facility for a reason. Besides, there won't be any notable trouble when taking the A exit if he dies either.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/

Doggiedog wrote:There's also the option of the Chaos Insurgency infiltrator forcing you to come with him, so his organization can torture all the information out of you later. You were one of the very few survivors who experienced the whole containment breach from the very beginning after all. And simply a D-class, i.e. not even trained in keeping your mouth shut during torture sessions. So you can be a valuable asset to them, one which he'll have to defend against the MTFs at least (He probably won't know too much about the SCPs in the facility, so he might not be able to fight them off very well). The infiltrator won't really be a friend to you, since the moment you do something your own way he'll think it's better to kill you, plus he'll force you to follow him all the way - even if that means walking right into a death trap. To make it more ominous, he could be a sadist, always reminding you of the tortures that await you (and of course the most painful way to kill you if you should not comply to him (and from what I've read about gunshots, that seems to be a shot in the stomach, since it'll take you 20 min. to die while you'll be digesting yourself on the inside)).

Also, to ensure he'll be "helping" you temporarily, make him die sometime. Which could always happen by an SCP, as a way of introducing a new one to the player? That can only happen if he really doesn't know too much about the SCPs present in the facility of course, but I assume that to be the case since he's part of the CI and should be infiltrating the facility for a reason. Besides, there won't be any notable trouble when taking the A exit if he dies either.
i don't think this should happen. the CI could gain a valuable asset if they hired you as one of them. you know about the SCPs, you contain info, you have survived near impossible to live scenarios.. they could use that sort of guy. plus, gate A is a happy ending, don't ruin it with torture. also, inb4 MOD FOR SUPER HAPPY ENDING WHERE D IS FREE AND MAKES IT TO FAMILY COLON D(:D) HAPPY FACE YAAAAAAY

also,

rad larry is still watching. :106:
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

My opinion is adding two different kind of factors into the game would be confusing to new players and having more shit into the game would simply make it over-complicated. When I that I mean like what would happen if a MTF and a IA encounter each other? It's just a bunch of stupid work that Regalis would take hours doing. You do realize that every suggestion you have would take at least a few hours for Regalis to actually put in play? Like the game has all these great things, nice rooms, SCP's, MTF's, objectives and an ending. It's pretty much complete. It just keeps getting updated in new versions for bug fixes and texture modifications.
Sometimes i need to know when to stop so i dont get my ass handled

KCF