Re: SCP Suggestions General

I've had an idea a while back for the addition of SCP-457 into the game. I'm thinking he should spawn in that one pipe room in the maintenance tunnels because those pipes have to be carrying fuel or something to power SCP-457 and then he should be able to wander freely around the facility. I'm also thinking it should burn and melt doors as it is chasing the player. A regular door would be 7 seconds and a containment door would be 17 seconds. I am coming up with new stuff and I just thought of one right now. He could leave fire-decaying footsteps similar the SCP-106's mucus trails. I'll let you guys change and build on from there.

EDIT: Royalty-Free Music led me to finding a chase theme. Click the link and look for "Chase Pulse" (A faster version is available under it.)
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fr ... rch=Search
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

CLgaming wrote:I've had an idea a while back for the addition of SCP-457 into the game. I'm thinking he should spawn in that one pipe room in the maintenance tunnels because those pipes have to be carrying fuel or something to power SCP-457 and then he should be able to wander freely around the facility. I'm also thinking it should burn and melt doors as it is chasing the player. A regular door would be 7 seconds and a containment door would be 17 seconds. I am coming up with new stuff and I just thought of one right now. He could leave fire-decaying footsteps similar the SCP-106's mucus trails. I'll let you guys change and build on from there.

EDIT: Royalty-Free Music led me to finding a chase theme. Click the link and look for "Chase Pulse" (A faster version is available under it.)
I can totally see SCP-457 replacing SCP-106 in the Maintenance Tunnels. You'd hear crackling and see a bright red-orange light coming from the generator room. If you approach the room, SCP-457 will say something like "Need burn... Human burn... Burn... Burn! BURN!!!" and then start chasing the player. Instead of the creepy and slow chase scenes from SCP-106, it can be sudden and violent, similar to how SCP-096 would chase you. Of course, exiting the Maintenance Tunnels should save you. Also, if there's gonna be a new ending, it should involve SCP-457 breaking out and growing massive enough to reach the splitting threshold.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

This is unrelated to the previous suggestions (Which are all perfectly valid in their own right), but I think a good idea would be to try and figure out how to implement the highest-rated/most popular SCPs to go along with fan favourites like 173, 106, 914 and 682 (Since who doesn't want to see everyone's most beloved Lovecraftian horrors in the game?). Specifically the SCPs that have a reason to be contained in the same site, so 087 and 1171 and other location-based SCPs would be impossible to implement while 231 and 055 would be unreasonable since their inclusion would be in violation of their secretive nature.

I've already suggested examples like 1981, but others like 1370 (One of my favourites) would likely be welcome additions. SCPs that don't make it into the game could still be used in loading screens (The idea of seeing different SCPs with short descriptions during load times is genius). Imagine respawning after the umpteenth death by 173's big stony mitts and being greeted with 1048's blank, unnerving stare. Incorporating these popular entries would be the closest thing the game could get to having fanservice, but not of the unwelcome or blatant variety.

CLgaming wrote:I've had an idea a while back for the addition of SCP-457 into the game. I'm thinking he should spawn in that one pipe room in the maintenance tunnels because those pipes have to be carrying fuel or something to power SCP-457 and then he should be able to wander freely around the facility. I'm also thinking it should burn and melt doors as it is chasing the player. A regular door would be 7 seconds and a containment door would be 17 seconds. I am coming up with new stuff and I just thought of one right now. He could leave fire-decaying footsteps similar the SCP-106's mucus trails. I'll let you guys change and build on from there.

I looked SCP-457 up on the Foundation website and found an advertisement for fire retardant at the bottom of it's article. :shock:

But in all seriousness, I don't think Regalis would go through all that trouble to add a "melting door" variable in the game, but having SCP-457 exclusive to the
maintenance tunnels would spice things out, especially if the maintenance tunnels were made to be really dark with SCP-457 being the only light source down
there. That would bring about a hard choice for the player; go blindly through the tunnels without a light source while staying safe from SCP-457, OR use the
glow of SCP-457 as a light source.
I'm not a game programmer, I know nothing about the Blitz3D, Unity, Unreal, or Source engines. I'm just an amateur writer wanting to contribute to an awesome game.

I think the walk from your cell to 173's chamber should be longer. For one thing, it doesn't seem realistic for Class-D housing to be right near a Euclid-level containment chamber. Also, it would be cool to see more of the facility pre-breach.
I am error.

imadoofus wrote:I think the walk from your cell to 173's chamber should be longer. For one thing, it doesn't seem realistic for Class-D housing to be right near a Euclid-level containment chamber. Also, it would be cool to see more of the facility pre-breach.
I agree. It would enhance the intro sequence to contain a longer area for Class D's to walk through. Maybe have them going through an elevator up to where the other cells were. It would make sense to have the class D's a level lower than the Containment Facilities, mainly due to them not being able to escape or mess up to them. So maybe have the Class D cell's be under the main level for Containment Breach. You could walk a ways through corridors and stuff, then reach an elevator. The two guards go in it with you, and once you get to the level, you walk out and resume the path that is already in the game. It would make more sense in terms of the stuff the Foundation may chose.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Lotims wrote:
imadoofus wrote:I think the walk from your cell to 173's chamber should be longer. For one thing, it doesn't seem realistic for Class-D housing to be right near a Euclid-level containment chamber. Also, it would be cool to see more of the facility pre-breach.
I agree. It would enhance the intro sequence to contain a longer area for Class D's to walk through. Maybe have them going through an elevator up to where the other cells were. It would make sense to have the class D's a level lower than the Containment Facilities, mainly due to them not being able to escape or mess up to them. So maybe have the Class D cell's be under the main level for Containment Breach. You could walk a ways through corridors and stuff, then reach an elevator. The two guards go in it with you, and once you get to the level, you walk out and resume the path that is already in the game. It would make more sense in terms of the stuff the Foundation may chose.
Elevators. Need more elevators. Freight elevators are cool, we need freight elevators.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!