Re: SCP Suggestions General

I have a Idea for a scp that I made however it is not a official scp as not enough people voted for me to post it. It its basically a virus that infects pipes and wires and makes them go out of walls to any one within 10 meters and devour them. If this is added It should not be a free wander enemy but a scripted scene where a wire comes out of the wall and attacks the player. Hope this is considered.

Shephard wrote:I have a Idea for a scp that I made however it is not a official scp as not enough people voted for me to post it. It its basically a virus that infects pipes and wires and makes them go out of walls to any one within 10 meters and devour them. If this is added It should not be a free wander enemy but a scripted scene where a wire comes out of the wall and attacks the player. Hope this is considered.
You should try to make it an actual SCP, because the game is supposed to be canon as possible, so I don't think Regalis will add a non-canon SCP.

I actually like the idea. Did you make a document of it? Or is it just an idea?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Nightmare Tank wrote:
Dr. Maruss wrote:So I'm really happy that 513 is back in, but I still think the mechanics should be something similar to:

As soon as you see it, the breathing will start.
If you pick it up, you'll start seeing 513-1 occaisionally.
If you ring it, 513-1 can hurt you.

Other than that, I love it.
That breaks SCP canon. In the actual article, the -1 instance is only see-able if the person has heard The Cowbell at least once. If you haven't heard it, you can't see it, even if someone who has heard it sees the -1 instance in front of you.
That's incorrect.
"You’ve seen it. Now he can hear you.
You’ve touched it. Now he can see you.
Never ring it. If you hear it, he can touch you."
-Direct quote from the article.

EDIT: At least include that note next to or somewhere in the containment chamber.

One that could be added as both comic relief and a useful tool is SCP-131 (The "Eye Pods"). They are documented as being able to freely roam around Site-19 (the same site as SCP-173). They could really help out with SCP-173 as they have in the past. They could also warn the player when approaching any dangerous SCPs (106, 096, etc.). They'd be comic relief as they'd be bumping into each other and running into walls and generally being cute in funny. Which might ruin the atmosphere as well as be a bit overpowered. So if they were added, they would need to be really hard to get to or find. Maybe a faculty member locked them up and left a note in order to protect them during the start of the containment breach.

Theimperfectbeing wrote:Uggh. This has been suggested a lot. And as much as I like the Eye Pods, I just do not think they belong in the game, even if locked up and hard to get.
Why not? Sure, they'll make 173 less of a threat, and while I agree that if there was a way to make every enemy less of a threat it would ruin the game. However, the EyePods aren't a cheap excuse, but it makes sense for them to be used as a defense against 173. Making them hard to find or obtain is just a way to impede players from using them every single playthrough.

Now, after saying all this, I DO agree with you. 173 is the main antagonist of the game, and being able to get rid of him will make the game lose some of its value. The game was designed to screw you over continuously. It isn't supposed to be fair. It isn't supposed to give you an easy time. It is supposed to make you cry in fear and frustration.

173 is completely functional and can be easily avoided without the need of the EyePods. While at the same time being a big threat to the player.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

Theimperfectbeing wrote:Uggh. This has been suggested a lot. And as much as I like the Eye Pods, I just do not think they belong in the game, even if locked up and hard to get.
I agree. Maybe as a mod they could be implemented, but not in-game.
I'LL GO NIGHTMARE MOON ON YOUR ASS!

spartan322 wrote:
Shephard wrote:I have a Idea for a scp that I made however it is not a official scp as not enough people voted for me to post it. It its basically a virus that infects pipes and wires and makes them go out of walls to any one within 10 meters and devour them. If this is added It should not be a free wander enemy but a scripted scene where a wire comes out of the wall and attacks the player. Hope this is considered.
You should try to make it an actual SCP, because the game is supposed to be canon as possible, so I don't think Regalis will add a non-canon SCP.

I actually like the idea. Did you make a document of it? Or is it just an idea?
Yes this is the post on the sandbox wiki http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/mtf-shephard

Dr. Maruss wrote:"You’ve seen it. Now he can hear you.
You’ve touched it. Now he can see you.
Never ring it. If you hear it, he can touch you."
-Direct quote from the article.

EDIT: At least include that note next to or somewhere in the containment chamber.
That's incorrect.
As soon as you see it, the breathing will start.
YOU'VE seen it. now HE can hear YOU.
If you pick it up, you'll start seeing 513 occasionally.
YOU'VE touched it. now HE can see YOU.
If you ring it, 513-1 can HURT you.
never ring it. if YOU hear it, HE can touch you.
And second for 513-1 hurting, He doesn't do that unless you're asleep, and he runs away as usual when you wake up.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

That Same Anon wrote:-snip-
I think it would just be more interesting mechanically if we made it function like that, as a two way street, instead of how it does. And if you're trying to keep it as canon as possible, then why does the cowbell ring again every time you see him? That doesn't make sense.

On an unrelated note, I think that On Mount Golgotha should be different. Orchestrated cacophony, not random electronic ambience.

EDIT: The 960s have some good ones too that could be implemented. 956, 965, and 966 would be great additions, though 965 would be more of a spooky easter egg than anything and we already have two that do similar things.