Re: SCP: Containment Breach C++ Conversion

MrGuilkeyFace wrote:Just thought of something...
Motion blur.
Thoughts pl0x.
I wouldn't mind seeing blur effects on fast moving objects or radial blur when you're sprinting. Motion Blur is overused nowadays so I'd rather have it put in areas that it would fit in, not at every occasion. Seeing SCP 096 running with some kind of blur effect would give the illusion that he was moving much faster than you think.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Motion blur.
Thoughts pl0x.
No. Personally, I think motion blur is terrible. If there are some people out there who want motion blur, at least put it in as a setting in the menu. I want to be able to turn it off if it is put in. I don't hate depth of field as much, though. Except I'm only ok with that in cinematic cutscenes, and I doubt this game will have much of that, if any. You know what, let's just have a fully customizable graphics menu, and let the player change everything to his liking down to the smallest detail. Very few PC games do that even though it's one of the things that make PC gaming superior to console. Not that consoles aren't superior in their own ways, but that's off topic.

Let's just say all PC games should have something like this:
Spoiler
I don't even know what some of those mean, and needless to say, that's not even the whole list. Why don't more games do stuff like this?
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

LukeDude759 wrote:
Motion blur.
Thoughts pl0x.
No. Personally, I think motion blur is terrible. If there are some people out there who want motion blur, at least put it in as a setting in the menu. I want to be able to turn it off if it is put in. I don't hate depth of field as much, though. Except I'm only ok with that in cinematic cutscenes, and I doubt this game will have much of that, if any. You know what, let's just have a fully customizable graphics menu, and let the player change everything to his liking down to the smallest detail. Very few PC games do that even though it's one of the things that make PC gaming superior to console. Not that consoles aren't superior in their own ways, but that's off topic.

Let's just say all PC games should have something like this:
Spoiler
I don't even know what some of those mean, and needless to say, that's not even the whole list. Why don't more games do stuff like this?
I don't believe giving the player seeming unlimited control of their game is a good way to set the mood for Containment breach, as new players will usually set their options at the first possible moment and as such kill the mood.

POLL TIME!!!!

What graphics card (or graphics chipset) is in your computer?

(If theres a better way of conducting this poll with a more collective way of viewing results, the help would be appreciated)

Since the goal of this project is to make the game more readily available to users, I don't want to program the game to require an OpenGL version that only 10% of people have, and I would like to use OpenGL 3.3 (at least), but will make adjustments as necessary.
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."